I want to get my wife a Storm (Love mine) but not sure if I can get it to sync up with her apple contacts, calendar, etc.

Is there a desktop manager for apple?
    05-23-09 02:58 PM
    Yes you get it from blackberry.com. Just the windows base DM comes in the box

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 03:18 PM
    There's no Desktop Manager for Mac, but there is PocketMac. You can't use it to do anything like software upgrades, but its good enough for syncing contacts, calendars, and the like.

05-23-09 03:30 PM
    Yes you get it from blackberry.com. Just the windows base DM comes in the box

I am afraid that there is NO Desktop Manager for the Mac at present. You can download PocketMac for BlackBerry for free from BB site but this has lots of issues und sometimes does not work at all. Look for it in this forum, and You will find lots of complaints.

There are different ways to synchronize:

First: You spend 40 Dollars and buy TheMissingSync from Markspace.com. It works, and You can sync calendars, contacts and even (non DRM protected) iTunes files.

Second: You set up a GMail account with Google, install a tiny app for the Mac as well for the BB and then You can sync OTA with Your iCal and Contacts app. There is a thread within the Mac section of Crackberry covering this topic, or look with "tips and tricks".

I cannot say which is better. It is sometimes a personal affair...

Good luck!
    05-23-09 03:33 PM
    so is the dual boot not an option for macs anymore? or does it just suck hardcore at being windows that way?
    05-23-09 03:51 PM
    i personally use Google Sync to sync my stuff, and i have pocketmac for the other stuff.

Google Sync is a very good app because i use the Google Calendar instead of iCal.
    05-23-09 03:58 PM
    so is the dual boot not an option for macs anymore? or does it just suck hardcore at being windows that way?
    You can still do that. In fact, I'm using Windows on my iMac right now. There are virtually no differences between this and a real Windows machine.
    05-23-09 04:00 PM
    You can still do that. In fact, I'm using Windows on my iMac right now. There are virtually no differences between this and a real Windows machine.
    if it were easy, everyone would do it

i keep seeing mixed reviews on the whole "dual boot" concept, any idea why the differences between user experience? not powerful enough hardware to run windows? how do the apps work on it? any difference in that manner? DM and all that works properly? upgrade no problem?
    05-23-09 04:03 PM
    Its not about easy. Some of us hate the idea of tainting our Macs with Windoze.

DM works fine as do other applications via bootcamp or VMware Fusion.

05-23-09 06:50 PM
    Its not about easy. Some of us hate the idea of tainting our Macs with Windoze.

DM works fine as do other applications via bootcamp or VMware Fusion.

oh, one of them, eh?
    05-23-09 07:03 PM
    PocketMac SUCKS!!! Still waiting for Blackberry to step up to the plate and and make a desktop manager for Mac.
    05-23-09 07:32 PM
    I don't understand does PocketMac just randomly not sync correctly or what?
    05-23-09 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD