Let me start by saying, I sort of suck at computer stuff. I've been trying really hard to sync my Blackberry 9530 Storm with my Mac (OS X 10.4.11) so I can get a couple ringtones and one app from itunes onto my phone. Here's what I've done:

1. Desktop Manager - obviously didn't work because I don't have Mac OS X 10.5

2. Old version of pocket mac - I tried this a couple months ago but it never worked. I uninstalled it to put the desktop manager on and can't find the old version again.

3. Missing Sync - I thought it was a 14 day trial but once I installed it, it wouldn't work.

4. Wifi File Transfer - technically I didn't buy this because it sounds like I can't use it (for some reason storms don't have wifi? I thought I did but what do I know?)

I've been scouring the web for something to transfer this one application and three ringtones but am officially out of ideas. I don't want to pay for anything if I can't first verify that it actually works for me. So if anyone can point me in the right direction or help in anyway, I'd appreciate it so much.

Thanks!

Sarah
    01-03-10 03:27 PM
    sarah i hope i can help. if you have internet connection reinstall pocket pc. this will allow your computer to have the necessary drivers to be able to recognize your blackberry. once installed plug your blackberry into your computer. now this is where i may be incorrect becuase im not sure of the version of os you have will be the same . but your bb should pop on the screen desktop. now once it has you should be able to open it, once opened you should be able to drag and drop music onto you phone. now in regards to the app on itunes. what app is it???
    01-03-10 03:44 PM
    where would I get pocket pc? That might be a stupid question but I never had that app but if you give me a link, I'll get it right now.

Also, I've been trying to find the link for pocket mac that I used to have but can't. I keep getting some site that wants to charge like $200 for the download.
    01-03-10 03:46 PM
    you can get ringtones directly from your device. what app is in iTunes? Unfortunately the free version of pocket mac is no longer available, so you can upgrade to leopard (you don't list what mac you have) or perhaps find a link for an old version. Connecting your device to the mac with usb you should be able to see the SD card in which case you can drag ringtones to the sd card...it does not require a sync.
    01-03-10 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD