I just installed the new Mac Desktop Manager and began updating my wife's Pearl 8130 when in the middle of the process it failed. When I disconnected the device and checked to see if all of my data was still there, much to my wife's dismay (and mine too) it was not. She is mostly upset that we lost all of the pics and video of our 1 year old daughter but she also lost most of her contacts.

Prior to getting DM I was using Missing Sync and PocketMac, but I also deleted both of those apps as well. I have most of the contacts backed up in Address Book but that is about it. Is there any way at at all to recover this data?
    10-06-09 09:58 PM
    Did you delete the data off of the Media Card? Or did you have the pics in device memory?

If it was Device memory, unless you made a back-up, I'm sorry, they are gone.

But you shouldn't have lost anything saved to media card, that isn't one of the things affected by an upgrade, unless something wiped the card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 10:17 PM
    Thank you! They're all there. Just cannot find the contacts but I can deal with that. How can I back up the media card?
    10-06-09 10:33 PM
    Thank you! They're all there. Just cannot find the contacts but I can deal with that. How can I back up the media card?
    assuming you're on a mac, when you connect the BB you should see the SD card show up on the desk top...just open it like any other disk (usb drive for example) and copy the contents to your desktop. if that doesn't work, remove the sd card from the BB and put it in a card reader...
    10-06-09 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD