When i'm at school I don't have constant access to a windows computer so I was looking at running windows from my mac to load hybrids.

1)Does any one else do this? Do your run into problems?

2)Do your recommend just using bootcamp or another program such as parallels?

3)I heard that putting windows on your mac will make it bogged down and slow, any truth to that?
    02-19-10 01:15 PM
    Any emulator runs slower than the real thing, but doesn't require rebooting to use it.

With bootcamp you have to reboot your mac to access windows, I prefer to do this as windows runs just as fast as using a pc of similar specs.

Windows 7 runs like greased lightning on my current model macbook 2.0 ghz.
    02-19-10 05:01 PM
    Definitely boot camp it. I find that windows runs faster on a same spec mac running bootcamp lol. And it will work..
    02-19-10 08:49 PM
    Will this slow down my computer when using osx? Just concerned about loading windows affecting my daily use on osx. I only plan to run windows when i'm loading hybrids.
    02-20-10 12:27 PM
    Will this slow down my computer when using osx? Just concerned about loading windows affecting my daily use on osx. I only plan to run windows when i'm loading hybrids.
    You will need to partition your hard drive which will take up a little memory, but it will not affect the performance while using OSX whatsoever.
    02-20-10 02:26 PM
    As long as the partition isn't that big then it won't affect performance at ALL, too much and it may. (aka if your hdd is 100gb, only partition ~25gb)
    02-20-10 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD