Hey Yall..I keep trying to use the Blackberry Desktop Manager to sync all my contacts up and keep getting this error. How do I fix?

Thanks.
    08-21-10 09:38 PM
    The workaround is to update the blackberry messenger to the latest version. Then try syncing again. Got this from the bb site.
    08-21-10 11:50 PM
    The workaround is to update the blackberry messenger to the latest version. Then try syncing again. Got this from the bb site.
    Blackberry Messenger or Manager?
    08-22-10 12:18 AM

And what version is that? Because I have the current version and it still will not sycn contacts.

If you seriously go to Blackberry's site and search for the error the OP posted your solution is nowhere to be found. Actually there are few solutions listed and none have worked for those switching to the Torch thus far. As a matter of fact the problem seems to fall under this solution from the Knowledgebase;

"Cause 2

The BlackBerry smartphone default calendar service has been modified between synchronizations and the BlackBerry Desktop Manager is now unable to communicate with the specified default calendar database.

Resolution 2

This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available."

Now if people would search instead of posting new topics you would find the information on this issue is already on this forum.

The workaround is to backup the addressbook from your old device, then restore to your new Torch. This will transfer your address book to your new phone, but you still will not be able to sync until RIM fixes the issue.
    08-22-10 01:22 AM
    Thanks - I have the most current version of BB Desktop Manager for the Mac...And that of course is not the answer. I guess I will wait for now, and just update my contacts via my company OUTLOOK contacts...

Hopefully, they can fix this fast!

BUT, I do have a windows based laptop - but how can I get my Mac Address Book into my PC and then load them onto my BB.
    08-22-10 12:26 PM
    Thanks - I have the most current version of BB Desktop Manager for the Mac...And that of course is not the answer. I guess I will wait for now, and just update my contacts via my company OUTLOOK contacts...

Hopefully, they can fix this fast!

BUT, I do have a windows based laptop - but how can I get my Mac Address Book into my PC and then load them onto my BB.
    Did you switch from another Blackberry? If so, back up your old blackberry address book, then restore the address book to the new phone.
    08-22-10 04:28 PM
    08-22-10 09:21 PM
    Thanks for the link, we'll give that a shot.
    08-23-10 05:07 AM
    I am having the same issue and updating BBM didn't work for me. I ended up copying all of my vcards from OS X Address Book to a jump drive and loaded them on a Windows machine and setup the sync through Outlook on there for the contacts. Still doing the calendar and media through my MBP.
    08-23-10 09:17 AM
    Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
    The proxy server could not handle the request GET /btsc/dynamickc.do.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

now what?
    08-26-10 05:17 AM
    The update worked for me. Thanks.
    08-26-10 12:54 PM
    I had the same issue and fixed it this morning. Here's what I did:
    1) made sure i had the latest version of BB Desktop manager for Mac (4.0.1 I Think)
    2)Using Dekstop manager, I backed up everything on my bb using the Backup Button.
    3) Once backed up, I did restore of only my contacts or address book-All
    4) Then I tried to synce and viola!!! It sync'd and all my contacts are in my Mac Address Book!!!!

Let me know if this helps!!!!
    08-26-10 01:06 PM
    The Backup and then Restore option works. But then you get the same message when you sync. Looks like its time to get an iphone. Bummer.
    09-02-10 03:51 PM
    there's a work around it..
    where you'll have to install BBM..
    try the link on the previous post
    it really made everything work.
    09-02-10 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD