Using Pocketmac (with Google) and Mp3s
    Guys, a question for Mac users!

I use google for everything - gmail, google calendar, and I use google sync and it works great with my blackberry. No complaints. OTA sync perfectly.

But I'm now a Mac user. I love that too. Here's the deal: the one frustration I have is that I have to use Desktop Manager on the PC to get Mp3s on my Blackberry. That's the only thing I ever need to turn on a PC for, and that seems unnecessary to me.

I heard about Pocketmac. It looks like a good product, but I don't use Mail or iCal. Just don't need it with my google system I use for work.

Is that the best answer, though, to put Mp3s on my Blackberry? I heard it supports that now. Any other ideas? I'd rather not run Parallels (don't have it) to put Desktop Manager on my BB.

I'm open to any other suggestions. Thanks!
    05-25-09 07:29 PM
    I'd suggest either using Boot Camp (standard on all Macs running Leopard) for Windows so you can use Desktop Manager, or avoid PocketMac and just drag on drop your music into the actual music folder on your device.
    05-25-09 07:39 PM
    So I can just plug the BB via USB into the Mac? I had a Curve and tried that and couldn't find the device, and then I plugged it into the PC and I couldn't see the BB anymore. I wondered if the Mac messed it up.
    05-25-09 08:37 PM
    I just found blackberry media sync!
    05-25-09 08:43 PM
    That's odd - I've had this Curve for quite some time now, and I've been able to plug it into my Mac via USB and transfer MP3's and data back and forth with no problem what so ever.
    (No pocketmac, or other sync utility - just a straight "mass storage mode" from the BlackBerry to the Desktop).

Oh well. Good news is that RIM is supposed to *finally* give us a BlackBerry desktop manager for Mac's sometime soon now. Coolios.
    09-02-09 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD