i just got a memory card for my curve, and i inserted it. when i turn on my phone, i figured there would be some sort of prompt for it, but no. it does recognize that i have one because i can see it there with the device memory, but i don't know how to transfer anything over. i tried "moving" but couldn't figure it out. also, i've read that people use desktop manager to do this, but i don't have a PC, i have a mac, and therefore, only able to get pocketmac software. i don't even know how to use that, but i don't see an option for memory card. when i receive things via bluetooth how can i save it to my memory card and not to device memory?
    11-21-08 08:55 PM
    You need to enable mass storage mode. Then when you connect the BB to the Mac it will show up as a separate drive

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 09:12 PM
    BTW....Mass storage mode is turned on under Options --> Memory

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 09:13 PM
    Plug the BB into your Mac with the sync cable and your BB should show up on the desktop just like any storage device like a thumb drive or hard drive. Open it and you should see the various folders the BB uses to store music, photos, etc. Then just drag and drop like normal. Note that all you will be able to see is the memory card in the BB not the device memory.

You can use the Media Manager on the BB to move the files around but it's a bit cumbersome and not completely intuitive. I have a Pearl so your BB might be a bit different.
    11-21-08 09:46 PM
    Mine doesn't show up on my desktop, even after I enable mass storage mode. I have a Pearl 8130. Anyone have any ideas?
    11-22-08 10:41 AM
    Mine doesn't show up on my desktop, even after I enable mass storage mode. I have a Pearl 8130. Anyone have any ideas?
    Is your phone on? do you have the latest os? I've never had a pearl so i'm not positive.
    11-22-08 05:29 PM
    thanks for the help, i got it. i transfered some videos to my BB, but some won't play, there's an error message, and others just play the sound and not the video. any ideas?
    11-22-08 07:59 PM
    If you want help you'd be better to say what file formats the video files are in, how big the files are, where you got them from, what the error message says - something more than "it doesn't work"
    11-22-08 11:22 PM
    I turned Mass Storage Mode Support to "On"

AND

Auto Enable Mss Storage Mode When Connected to "Yes"

Hope that helps.
    11-24-08 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD