Just picked it up with verizon. How abouts should i sync it with the mac? Pocket sync or missing sync?
    07-07-07 02:39 AM
    I'm wondering myself, as I just purchased the 8830. What benefit does Missingsynch have over the freebie?
    07-17-07 08:25 PM
    It's been awhile since I used the app however, I remember that Missing Synch was superior and worth the dollars. Easier, more functionality, if I remember correctly. I'm sure others will come along with more detailed info. Good luck and have fun!
    07-17-07 11:42 PM
    MissingSync can sync media files; this is only the real advantage it has over PocketMac. PocketMac has the advantage that if you ever need support for it, RIM and your carrier will provide some support for it. No bluetooth syncing, but the makers of PocketMac have promised that in upcoming versions (waiting on that one).

If you choose PocketMac, the only way to get media onto your 8830 is if you have a MicroSD card installed, then you can just drag and drop files. Downside to this is that you cannot ensure file playback compatability like you can with Roxio MediaManager for the PC (which comes bundled with the 8830). If you have access to a PC and want to store media on your 8830, I highly suggest doing it that way.

Bottom line though; if you're not using media (mp3's, m4a's, etc), then PocketMac works well enough, and can sync to iCal, Entourage, and a few others such as Stickies. MissingSync takes care of media.
    07-18-07 07:00 PM
    eduard,

so will the missingsync sync media files with the 8800 models, or only the pearl? I thought I read that somewhere, but just want to make sure.

Thanks,

Jim
    07-20-07 05:10 PM
    MissingSync SHOULD work with the Pearl. Only thing I've heard is that there are occassional issues with Macs syncing with early revisions of the Pearl in general. What that constitutes, I couldn't tell you, I dont have much experience with Pearl cept for playing around with my friend's on occassion. He doesn't use any of the PIM functions though, so he doesn't sync at all. So...look up MissingSync compatability?
    07-23-07 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD