Hey, I got a mac, and just recently installed the missing sync, can I install apps/games/OS to my storm using this app??
    05-21-09 11:20 AM
    Hey, I got a mac, and just recently installed the missing sync, can I install apps/games/OS to my storm using this app??
    Nope, apps and games you can probably due OTA but you will need either a PC or use either bootcamp or VMware to install an OS. That means you'll need to purchase a copy of preferably Vista or XP or maybe you have a disk laying around somewhere.

Missing sycn won't help.
    05-21-09 11:24 AM
    i've had bootcamp for a while and its word flawlessly i would go with that instead of the other's
    05-21-09 11:33 AM
    yea, that's the problem, I've got the xp cd, but it won't boot correctly when installing, beside, my mac is kinda low on memory, right now, but thanks anyway...

this really sucks, I'd really like to be able to install apps, etc directly from my mac without using windows in any form, cause my hard disk crashed the last time I got windows installed on bootcamp..
    05-21-09 11:39 AM
    i've had bootcamp for a while and its word flawlessly i would go with that instead of the other's
    Just curious, why do you recommend using bootcamp? VMware works perfectly fine. Now if it were Parallels, I'd say you have a point but whether you use bootcamp or VmWare your still using a partition of your Mac hard drive.
    05-21-09 12:36 PM
    im pretty sure you can install apps on your storm using pocketmac. you can get it from blackberry.com or from the install CD. i cant say for sure because i have had no luck getting the program to recognize my storm or sync correctly, but it may be worth a look if you really want to install apps from your mac. you definitly cant install any OS or leaked OS on a mac
    05-21-09 01:21 PM
    I also go through boot camp to do anything with DM. Granted I don't have vmware to try but I'd be worried the usb communicatation between the storm and the "virtual machine" would have problems. I have no proof to back that up. Just speculation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 01:25 PM
    I also go through boot camp to do anything with DM. Granted I don't have vmware to try but I'd be worried the usb communicatation between the storm and the "virtual machine" would have problems. I have no proof to back that up. Just speculation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well, I go through a USB hub with Vista and don't have a problem. Now if I used PC alone that would be a problem but because I use VMware I tell it to recognize the Blackberry.

I get your point, just explaining to you how it works.
    05-21-09 02:14 PM
    MAC+BLACKBERRY = Get an iphone
    05-21-09 03:02 PM
    VMWare rocks! Very cool.
    05-21-09 03:04 PM
    MAC+BLACKBERRY = Get an iphone
    Just because we have a MAC, which in my opinion has been the best computer I have ever owned, doesn't mean that we are apple fanboys and have 2 have everything with the Apple symbol on it. To be honest I was looking at the iphone, but apart from all of the apps it has my BB Storm is superior.

I had an old computer laying around only like 500mhz 1g ram, and I hooked it up and threw it in the corner just to run my desktop manager on. Not sure if you are computer junkie like me and have parts and all of that laying around, but just stating what I have done.
    05-21-09 07:49 PM
    Just because we have a MAC, which in my opinion has been the best computer I have ever owned, doesn't mean that we are apple fanboys and have 2 have everything with the Apple symbol on it. To be honest I was looking at the iphone, but apart from all of the apps it has my BB Storm is superior.
    I totally agree. I play around with my friend's iphone 3g and comparing it with my storm, other than the apps, the storm is a lot superior in every other aspect (just my opinion though). And, I do love apple product, I've got a mac book and ipod touch, I think mac is really superior compared to windows, specially vista vs leopard. the vista/xp are agonizingly slow and vulnerable to virus, that's why I really hate to have to install windows on my mac in order to use the desktop manager
    05-22-09 05:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD