So it seems like my 8130 can understand an m3u playlist. Of course, iTunes won't export one.

Is there anything everyone likes to convert an iTunes playlist into an m3u playlist? I REALLY don't want to resort each song one at a time on my BB into playlists.

Thanks-
    10-29-08 04:39 PM
    you can sync over the DRM free songs using Blackberry Media Sync

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 04:40 PM
    I'm using a Mac - looks like Media Sync is only for Windows machines currently.

It's not transferring individual tracks that has me in a bind - it's that I don't want to set up new playlists on my phone after transferring them over. Any way to send an iTunes playlist over and have it stay as that playlist on the BB?

Thanks!
    Last edited by bwphoto; 10-30-08 at 04:29 AM.
    10-30-08 04:26 AM
    yeah, i dont have 10 posts here...so i cant post links...but here it is.
    so just put the three w's before this davidlomas.com/playlistconverter/
    11-01-08 07:48 PM
    I use the newest version of pocketmac and it syncs the playlist with no problems. Did you try to drag and drop the songs to the BB while in mass storage mode?
    11-02-08 12:05 PM
    What version are you using? I just downloaded pocketmac version 1.2(1.4) today, and not only does it not add individual playlists to my blackberry storm, it also doesn't put any of the songs in my music folder on my media card. It puts all my music, in folders by artist, in the first level of the card. So instead of going in media card/Blackberry/Music it goes in just media card/. The only program i've found that syncs the playlists and putting them in the music folder was Salling Media Sync. It's for music only, and seemed to work well enough but after 3 or 4 syncs i think it started conflicting with pocketmac (which i use for everything else) because pocketmac just started freezing in mid sync.

I would not recommend Blackberry Media Sync because it disables Pocketmac.
    01-21-09 05:33 PM
    So it seems like my 8130 can understand an m3u playlist. Of course, iTunes won't export one.

Is there anything everyone likes to convert an iTunes playlist into an m3u playlist? I REALLY don't want to resort each song one at a time on my BB into playlists.

Thanks-
    Missing Sync exports the playlist in its entirety - you just have to tell it to. Also, instead of looking directly in media you have to explore on your media card. (I'm talking from Storm not Pearl experience). BTW - there is a Media Sync for the Mac but its in beta. It does work but it really eats up a lot of space on the card. Good luck.
    01-21-09 06:52 PM
    I use the newest version of pocketmac and it syncs the playlist with no problems. Did you try to drag and drop the songs to the BB while in mass storage mode?
    Hi Tesa:

I'm a newbie here and just read your post on syncing from pocketmac; I just purchased it and I am having a difficult time with the software, can you maybe walk me through how this works?? I would greatly appreciate it SOOO much!!

Lynda
    01-21-09 06:58 PM

Thanks-
    The New Missing Sync (2.0) also creates the playlists for you upon sync.
    01-22-09 07:50 AM
    I took the long way and bought DRM ripping software. This removes all DRM fromo the music. Then I loaded pocketmac and the newest upgrade of it as well.

That worked for me.
    01-22-09 10:38 AM
    If anybody is interested in a free app that will sync your playlists AND have the playlists on your device, check out Salling Media Sync. The free version deletes and re-syncs everything when you sync, but it's better than nothing. It's also music only, like BB's media sync software, but you can still use Pocketmac or Missing Sync with it, just don't run them at the same time to be safe. I'm just surprised that it hasn't gotten any mention on this site at all. Should be good at least until BB's Mac software is released.
    Last edited by ClintAustin; 01-23-09 at 05:29 PM.
    01-23-09 05:26 PM
    If anybody is interested in a free app that will sync your playlists AND have the playlists on your device, check out Salling Media Sync. The free version deletes and re-syncs everything when you sync, but it's better than nothing. It's also music only, like BB's media sync software, but you can still use Pocketmac or Missing Sync with it, just don't run them at the same time to be safe. I'm just surprised that it hasn't gotten any mention on this site at all. Should be good at least until BB's Mac software is released.
    Thank you Clint. I just downloaded this program and works like a charm with iTunes from my Mac to BB Storm. It downloaded the playlists of my choice, album art included. Why couldnt missing sync 2.0 get it right?
    03-07-09 12:07 AM
    Thank you Clint. I just downloaded this program and works like a charm with iTunes from my Mac to BB Storm. It downloaded the playlists of my choice, album art included. Why couldnt missing sync 2.0 get it right?
    Thank god for this program!! This program has been able to do what Pocketmac, Missing Mac, and Blackberry Media Sync have not been able to do which is Sync my music w/album art flawlessly! I was so impressed by this little program that I paid for it. I definitely recommend to other users!
    03-21-09 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD