Ok, I got my new Bold yesterday, had no problem syncing ICal and Contacts. BUT have spent HOURS trying to transfer my Itunes playlists to the Bold! I even went out and bought a different micro SD card just in case, but it will only sync a few songs and absolutely NONe of the songs I purchased on Itunes. I have reformatted the card, it is set to allow mass storage, I have pulled the battery, I have restarted my IMAC, I even went to the ATT manager I bought the Bold from and he had no answers except to say he thought it was an ITunes issue blocking the transfer of purchased songs.

I have to say I am missing a lot of aspects of my old Iphone and am not sure I like using a trackball. I'll give it a couple of weeks to get used to it and see what I think. And if I can never figure out the music thing........I may be trying the new HTC Fuze when it comes out.
    11-05-08 04:00 PM
    For anyone interested, I figured out my own problem. If you have a MAC and purchased music on Itunes,it is DRM protected (digital rights management) and is in a format not compatible to Blackberry. It has to be converted to MP3 format in order to transfer and play on your BB. I found a program called Noteburner and downloaded the trial. It worked and I now have all of my 'purchased' Itunes songs on my BB. Whoo hoo!
    11-05-08 09:29 PM
    my stuff is MP3 and not DRM protected. This is the error i am getting on my Storm synching with missing sync.

I have the preinstalled 8gb sandisk in there. help?

"The Music plugin will be skipped. The device must support external memory cards, and the card must be mounted, to sync music."
    11-22-08 04:39 PM
    I believe in order to sync your music you have to have an SD card to mount on the mac in order to sync your music with the Missing Sync.

Also turn on your MASS STORAGE mode.

1. Go to Options, Advanced Options, Media Card
    2. Turn on MediaCard support
    3. Turn on Mass Storage Mode Support
    4. Turn on Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected

Reconnect the device and attempt the sync again.
    This should work after the steps above.
    11-25-08 11:07 AM
    Thank you. I thought it might be the mass storage and was in the mode of doing it when I found your post.

Worked Flawlessly.
    12-03-08 07:27 PM
    ok -why can't i find "media card" under advanced options?
    12-06-08 09:16 PM
    okay, anybody have any other suggestions? I've followed the directions above, in fact my Storm tells me, on the options screen that it's "seeing" the card--that there is a media card that has 7.3 G of space--Still no go on the missing sync for my itunes. help, please!
    12-29-08 07:33 AM
    ok -why can't i find "media card" under advanced options?
    Cause it's under Memory....
    12-29-08 11:11 AM
    Txdogs, like you, it took me HOURS to finally figure out that my iTunes needed to be converted to MP3's in order to get them onto my BB. Glad you were able to figure it out!
    MArchibald, you need to make sure you songs are in "MP3" format before they will sync! Mine weren't and like I said above, I sat at my Mac until I got it figured out...HOURS! Good luck
    12-29-08 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD