10-26-09 07:28 PM
113 ... 345
tools
    Mine almost downloaded fine. However, right at the end I get a white screen stating:

App error 200
    Reset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, in advance.
    Im getting this too!
    10-26-09 01:27 AM
    Guess I'm headed to the Verizon store in the morning....this is just not working on my mac. Some great MAC DM?!!
    10-26-09 01:31 AM
    So this kinda looks like the thread of Mac DM issues. I tried to update my Storm using Mac DM, at first I had the same problem as Kram941 so I deleted the DL and then tried again. Went great until the last second when it said that it was unsuccessful. My phone now says I am running .238 which is great, but my background is gone, all my favorites in the browser are gone and I most of my emails are gone. Now when I plug my storm into my Mac it tells me that the USB hub does not have enough power. My Macbook is plugged in and at 100%, I have tried both USB ports and still no dice.
    Sorry for the long post but, does anyone have any ideas on how to get my info back? TIA.
    10-26-09 04:14 AM
    it seemed so easy on mac didnt it??
    10-26-09 04:14 AM
    So this kinda looks like the thread of Mac DM issues. I tried to update my Storm using Mac DM, at first I had the same problem as Kram941 so I deleted the DL and then tried again. Went great until the last second when it said that it was unsuccessful. My phone now says I am running .238 which is great, but my background is gone, all my favorites in the browser are gone and I most of my emails are gone. Now when I plug my storm into my Mac it tells me that the USB hub does not have enough power. My Macbook is plugged in and at 100%, I have tried both USB ports and still no dice.
    Sorry for the long post but, does anyone have any ideas on how to get my info back? TIA.
    maybe restart your computer. after that delete the COD files that it downloaded and do a completely fresh download and install. after that just do a restore and you'll get your info back from your last back up which was hopefully right before you updated.
    10-26-09 04:39 AM
    I updated on my mac and it went perfectly smooth.
    Now, the only problem is that facebook doesnt run. Weird. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but it doesn't run. I even went to the app world and it showed it as installed and had a "run" option from there... It does nothing.
    Also went I reboot the phone I get 2 random unhandled exception java notices. But they don't seem to have any affect on how the phone works.... Maybe it is related to the new facebook not working. I didn't try 1.6 because I don't care, I want the new one working. Overall 5.0 seems awesome, its way faster and has so many new features. I love it how it somehow can detect whether it is your cheek hitting the screen or your finger. That used to drive me crazy how I'd always be muting phone calls with my cheek.

I also LOVE The tethered text messaging. The camera is 1,000 times better. I was about to get a Tour if the storms camera speed and glitches were not corrected.
    The browser seems faster. Locking and unlocking the phone is way faster, as is the accelerometer.
    My voice dialing doesn't seem as precise, even with doing their new recognition program. Maybe that made it worse?

The phone starts faster and the OS 5.0 has made me not in such a rush to get rid of the Storm1.

If anyone knows about the unhandled java exceptions on startup let me know. Also, if anyone knows why my facebook doesnt work let me know too. Thanks.
    10-26-09 04:48 AM
    maybe restart your computer. after that delete the COD files that it downloaded and do a completely fresh download and install. after that just do a restore and you'll get your info back from your last back up which was hopefully right before you updated.
    Well I think I fixed it. I uninstalled DM and then re-installed. That seemed to fix my issue with connection. I then used a restore from before the update to get my messages back. Just re-saved my background as it is just a Seahawks logo. Everything seems to be great now!

Can't wait to stop have stupid Quincy Emails sent out!!!
    10-26-09 04:53 AM
    I updated on my mac and it went perfectly smooth.
    Now, the only problem is that facebook doesnt run. Weird. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but it doesn't run. I even went to the app world and it showed it as installed and had a "run" option from there... It does nothing.
    Also went I reboot the phone I get 2 random unhandled exception java notices. But they don't seem to have any affect on how the phone works.... Maybe it is related to the new facebook not working. I didn't try 1.6 because I don't care, I want the new one working. Overall 5.0 seems awesome, its way faster and has so many new features. I love it how it somehow can detect whether it is your cheek hitting the screen or your finger. That used to drive me crazy how I'd always be muting phone calls with my cheek.

I also LOVE The tethered text messaging. The camera is 1,000 times better. I was about to get a Tour if the storms camera speed and glitches were not corrected.
    The browser seems faster. Locking and unlocking the phone is way faster, as is the accelerometer.
    My voice dialing doesn't seem as precise, even with doing their new recognition program. Maybe that made it worse?

The phone starts faster and the OS 5.0 has made me not in such a rush to get rid of the Storm1.

If anyone knows about the unhandled java exceptions on startup let me know. Also, if anyone knows why my facebook doesnt work let me know too. Thanks.
    I have the same java exceptions problem and Facebook not working. If anyone has insight on these problems, pls share. TIA!
    10-26-09 05:02 AM
    Using DM for MAC, I got stuck initially at 106 files left. After 30 minutes, I stopped it and restarted the process. It worked flawlessly.

The only issue I've seen is my Mail/SMS icons not going back into the custom folder I've created. Minor annoyance that I fixed quickly.
    10-26-09 09:04 AM
    I have the same java exceptions problem and Facebook not working. If anyone has insight on these problems, pls share. TIA!
    Me too! Java exception errors and no Facebook! Actually, both Facebook and BB Appworld are listed in the apps list, but I can't find them anywhere to access them. Help?
    10-26-09 03:50 PM
    I had the same java exceptions. My facebook was not working until I reinstalled facebook through app world again. Now facebook runs great. Try dl'ing and reinstalling facebook through app world.
    10-26-09 06:06 PM
    just got finished with mine, no problems at all.

edit: tried to get facebook back and so far cannot.
    Last edited by cdowner; 10-26-09 at 08:02 PM.
    10-26-09 07:02 PM
    I have tried to install the new OS probably about 10 times using DM for Mac and DM for PC. Every single ******* time I get a "Fatal Error" or "Failure to install" etc. Can someone please please tell me what I need to do for this to work?
    10-26-09 07:28 PM
113 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD