Hey mac peeps. So i'm really getting into this watching tv shows and movies on the go. It seems the blackberry is only OK for that. I would use handbrake to rip DVD and sometimes it doesn't sink. I can't scroll really well with it. Just a few issues.

So I've been thinking about getting an Ipod nano or Ipod touch. The IPOD touch is so large and I was thinking it would be ridiculous to carry around a 'Beautiful' Curve and an Ipod touch. What's your opinions on that? Should I just get a nano to watch video or the touch.
    02-15-08 10:25 AM
    If you don't like watching on your Curve, then I would get the Touch.
    02-15-08 11:48 AM
    I carry my BB and my iPod Touch and I don't see any problem with it.
    02-17-08 08:46 AM
    I have the touch.
    Its better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-08 09:48 AM
    the touch, it goes to like 32gigs now and has a sleek, quick interface thats touch screen with wifi
    02-17-08 09:21 PM
    I have both an iTouch and Curve. I watch TV shows on my Curve all the time. I use a lot of videos from Videos4Blackberry because they are already formatted for the BB and there are no commercials
    02-19-08 02:50 PM
    I have both an iTouch and Curve. I watch TV shows on my Curve all the time. I use a lot of videos from www.videos4blackberry.info"]Videos4Blackberry because they are already formatted for the BB and there are no commercials
    So if you're still watching videos on your crackberry berry, then what are you using your touch for? Vid And Music I guess? What's the point of using both? i'm trying to justify having both.
    02-19-08 03:56 PM
    i have a touch its real good but i cant wait to get my verizon curve
    02-19-08 04:12 PM
    I'm actually returning my touch (Costco - bday present) and getting the new Sprint BB Pearl.
    So, there's my opinion. I love the touch, just not a phone. I'm sick of carrying two devices. Rather spend the money on an 8gb memory stick, same thing.
    02-20-08 02:56 AM
    Depend on which things you want to do the most. If you go with movies, music then take the iPod Touch.

I'd like to think about a BlackBerry device as an email phone first then some thing else.
    02-20-08 03:02 AM
    So if you're still watching videos on your crackberry berry, then what are you using your touch for? Vid And Music I guess? What's the point of using both? i'm trying to justify having both.
    I use my iTouch more as an iPOD for music--mainly at home. I don't always have it with me. On the otherhand, I always have the Curve with me. So when I'm away from home or out of the office and have some down time like waiting for an appointment I pull out the curve and entertain myself by catching up on a TV show or something.
    02-20-08 09:16 AM
    Here's what I'm trying to do....can someone help....? I have a Curve through work.....it's pretty locked down, but I can bluetooth tether it to my laptop no probs. Since I don't have all the functionality of my BB (personal email, apps, etc) I'd like to get an iTouch (with the new 3.0 SW with bluetooth) and tether it to my Curve via bluetooth when I don't have access to wifi. I already have an unlimited dataplan so that's not an issue. Ideas?
    09-08-09 09:54 AM
    Blackberry + SlingPlayer for tv watching. iTouch = movie watching.
    09-08-09 10:53 AM
    I have an 8900 and a 16GB touch i carry both around becase the touch is great for music and vide (miles ahead of my BB) but the BB is a brilliant phone and messaging tool, also if i were to use my BB for media it would not always make it through a whole day with my hour long each way commute and then all the use it sees in the day.
    09-08-09 12:58 PM
    I love my berry, but my Itouch is way better for watching movies on
    09-08-09 04:38 PM
    I love my BB 8900, but for media I use my ancient iPod 15GB. I'm hoping Apple releases updated Touches tomorrow with GPS. I may finally replace my old iPod.
    09-08-09 04:43 PM
    Touch is my media/entertainment device. I use it for music, games, videos...., especially when I travel. I don't feel like carryin it everyday so when I want to listen to music in the car and everyday, my Storm works swimmingly.
    09-09-09 12:44 AM
    Have the 8900. And a second gen ipod nano. going to get a touch though. I don't like having music on my phone. Don't want to be in the position where my phone dies in the middle of a call because I've been listening to music all day. Tried the slacker radio. Downloaded it with half battery life. listened to about 6 songs. Battery dropped to one bar. Deleted Slacker radio.
    Phone is for calling, texting, emails, etc. iPod for media.
    09-15-09 03:30 PM
    Hey mac peeps. So i'm really getting into this watching tv shows and movies on the go. It seems the blackberry is only OK for that. I would use handbrake to rip DVD and sometimes it doesn't sink. I can't scroll really well with it. Just a few issues.

So I've been thinking about getting an Ipod nano or Ipod touch. The IPOD touch is so large and I was thinking it would be ridiculous to carry around a 'Beautiful' Curve and an Ipod touch. What's your opinions on that? Should I just get a nano to watch video or the touch.
    Go with the Touch. Fact is, you play movies on ANY phone, and you'll be dragging your battery way down and then you're stuck unless you just like carrying around and extra battery or charger. That's one reason I won;t get an iPhone. It does LOTS of things but those "things" will (and does) kill your battery life.
    09-15-09 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD