Ok, I thought I would share this experience w/ my fellow Blackberry/Mac users. Well my wife went shopping this morning so I thought it would be a good time to take our dog to the dog park to play. I get there and I am talking to two other dudes, one in his 20's(the same age as me) and a guy in his 40's. I was talking to the younger dude about some dog day care place(yeah I know we baby our dog), and then the older dude pulls out an Iphone and starts to google the day care place so we could all have the address.

So I ask the guy if that was an Iphone(I knew it was) and how he liked it. He said it was the 1st generation one and it was a nice phone. I told him that I had the new BB Storm and I am really enjoying it and can't wait until the OS is updated. He did not say much and then the younger guy said he was going to get an Iphone, but he uses PC's. I told him that I am a Mac user and use a BB, and that is when the older Iphone dude told me that he could not believe that I was a Mac user and didn't fire my carrier and get an Iphone. He told me that whenever a phone as sexy as the Iphone was put out by Apple that it was unbelievable that I didn't get an Iphone.

I can't believe that he used the word "sexy" to describe a phone and I know I have seen it in the forums, but that just sounds stupid to me. I didn't really say anything back, but did tell my German Shepherd to attack his terrier...j/k. Anyways what I am getting at is that I am almost ashamed that we Mac users have these Mac snobs that look down on anything not Apple. I am buying an Ipod touch for music and videos, but I love my Storm and would not trade it for an Iphone.....I would like a Mac DM....just wishful thinking.

I am curious if any Mac/BB users have had anything like this happen to you, or why you chose a BB over an Iphone since you are Mac users?
    02-28-09 03:09 PM
    I guess you really have never experienced this before- it actually is quite common- spend time reading some of these threads and you'll see just how bad zealots are around here too.
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 03-01-09 at 02:24 AM.
    02-28-09 03:56 PM
    One-eyed zealots are dangerous no matter what they support. If Mr Jobs said go burn books some fanbois would do it no doubt. Just because something has an Apple symbol on it doesn't make it better.

Macs rule in my industry but I choose to use them anyway because I like OS X. I also happen to like my BlackBerry because it makes me more productive. And I refuse to wear flip flops in Winter.

Smile when the iPhone user start evangelizing. He's probably going through some midlife crisis thing.

-- Robert.
    03-01-09 08:13 PM
    I, too, am a Mac fanatic, but have no intention of getting an iPhone (as long as AT&T is the carrier, that is). I love Sprint and don't want to leave just for a phone. KWIM? I mean, I had AT&T 5 years before switching to Sprint in 2001, and I love Sprint. I have been nothing but completely satisfied with their service and plans. Why would I want to go back and be unhappy with a carrier just for a phone???

Believe me, as much as I would love the iPhone, I love my carrier and lack of dropped calls more.

Until Sprint gets the iPhone, I'm sticking with my BB. I just got my BB Curve 2 weeks ago today and so far, I really like it. Just getting used to it, really, but overall I think I'm really satisfied.

So I guess the answer to your original question is, I haven't encountered it yet, but I'm sure I will since I have nothing but Mac computers in my home, at work and of course iPods.

Interesting.
    03-01-09 09:11 PM
    I, too, am a Mac fanatic, but have no intention of getting an iPhone (as long as AT&T is the carrier, that is). I love Sprint and don't want to leave just for a phone. KWIM? I mean, I had AT&T 5 years before switching to Sprint in 2001, and I love Sprint. I have been nothing but completely satisfied with their service and plans. Why would I want to go back and be unhappy with a carrier just for a phone???

Believe me, as much as I would love the iPhone, I love my carrier and lack of dropped calls more.

Until Sprint gets the iPhone, I'm sticking with my BB. I just got my BB Curve 2 weeks ago today and so far, I really like it. Just getting used to it, really, but overall I think I'm really satisfied.

So I guess the answer to your original question is, I haven't encountered it yet, but I'm sure I will since I have nothing but Mac computers in my home, at work and of course iPods.

Interesting.
    You can have a Sprint iPhone. You just need to jailbreak it and UNLOCK it (free). Don't PAY to unlock.

There are places online to get the ipsw files for 2.2 (you do NOT want 2.2.1 as that has the newer baseband and make unlocking an iffy procedure).

Then just get the pwnage tool for 2.2 and jailbreak/unlock that puppy. Viol, an iPhone that works with any GSM carrier.

ps I'm a girl, and I do think the iPhone is Dead Sexy. Loving my Pearl though, more and more every day.
    03-01-09 11:12 PM
    You can have a Sprint iPhone. You just need to jailbreak it and UNLOCK it (free). Don't PAY to unlock.

Then just get the pwnage tool for 2.2 and jailbreak/unlock that puppy. Viol, an iPhone that works with any GSM carrier.

ps I'm a girl, and I do think the iPhone is Dead Sexy. Loving my Pearl though, more and more every day.
    sprint is a CDMA carrier, so no go on the unlocking
    03-02-09 10:53 AM
    I just showed my .75 Storm to my iPhone using Uncle.

He carried on how much it sucks, when his iPhone sucks for SMS, EMail and IMing. AKA The stuff I do most of.

Personally iphone and Storm are both top notch phones, but each have their cons and pros. People need to see both sides of the spectrum, not just one!
    03-02-09 11:52 AM
    did the iphone thing. It is way overhyped IMO. Now that I switched to blackberry after having a dumbphone for a while, everyone and their mother is getting an iphone and describing it as the greatest thing on earth.

I use both pc and mac, depends on the need at the time but some mac users can be very fanatic.
    03-02-09 12:41 PM
    Mac user at home, PC user at work. why don't I have an iPhone? Let me count the ways:

1. AT&T service has historically been bad in my area. May have changed since I last used them, but it still smarts.

2. Don't like touch screens. I need a physical keyboard.

3. I've heard (some members of my family have one) it's a crappy phone (tho this might be AT&T service looming it's ugly head again) - static, calls go straight to VM even though full signal, etc.

4. It's fragile. My sister-in-law dropped hers from a height of 2 feet, on carpet, and the screen shattered.

5. Can't pull/replace the battery

6. Can't copy/paste

7. No push e-mail

I could go on. and on. In my opinion, backed up by many others, the iPhone is a nice toy, the blackberry is a workhorse. And I don't even use mine for business. Yes, it would be nice to have a version of DM for Mac so I can upgrade my OS at home, but I can work around that.
    03-02-09 01:33 PM
    I love my mac book. I also really like the iphone/ipod touch. But in the end it was like 60 bucks cheaper a month for a blackberry. I was kinda disappointed that I didn't have an iphone. But I've had my curve for about a month. And I wouldn't want anything else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 01:40 PM
    And the funny thing about the snobs with their noses lifted towards the sky, most times you find those same noses buried in someone else's backside, seeking recognition or approval.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 01:49 PM
    I'm a mac user with a BB 8830 and I'm giving iPhone some thought. I have never had a true sync with my BB and my Macbook. Every sync has led to duplicate records or some other issue. I got Missing Sync trial and couldn't get it working in 2 weeks of trying so I would consider an iPhone just to get something that is supported. And this is despite my dislike for a touchscreen only device and my relatively good phone performance with Verizon.

Any ideas? Any hope that RIM will get their heads out of their butts and offer a real sync solution that does not suck? Mark/Space is blowing me off right now so my only sync solution is over the air to scheduleworld. I do periodic backups to my windows pc at the office but it's a shame I can't have full support for my BB on Mac OS X.

I hate it when zealots try to tell me what phone is best for me, but RIM has dropped the ball when it comes to OS X.
    03-02-09 03:57 PM
    I'm in the same boat. A Mac lover (consultant, even) who didn't want an iPhone. I needed the one-touch voice dial, and a calendar that could show me a week view. I like the Blackberry Storm - especially the video capabilities, and the email capabilities. In fact, I like most of it better than the iPhone. But, I'm ready to throw it under a truck! After having the phone for about 2 months, I FINALLY had an uneventful sync yesterday, using Missing Sync (I've tried every way on the planet, mind you).

Of course, today, the sync screwed up again, and I'm back to kicking myself in the **** for not getting the iPhone.
    03-03-09 02:44 AM

There are places online to get the ipsw files for 2.2 (you do NOT want 2.2.1 as that has the newer baseband and make unlocking an iffy procedure).

See, all this you said is the very reason I no longer have an iPhone. The whole process of jailbreaking every 2 weeks became ughhhhh!! Now 2 weeks may be a slight exaggeration; but not by much. As soon as Apple released a new update, hackers were ripping it to shreds in no time which meant time to jailbreak again.

Now, you may say that there was no reason to jailbrake more than once....but au contraire. Sometimes Apple would put out a new firmware update which some of us just had to try out; hence the need to re-jailbrake.

I became incredibly tired of doing it.
    03-03-09 03:05 AM
    I'm a mac user with a BB 8830 and I'm giving iPhone some thought. I have never had a true sync with my BB and my Macbook. Every sync has led to duplicate records or some other issue. I got Missing Sync trial and couldn't get it working in 2 weeks of trying so I would consider an iPhone just to get something that is supported. And this is despite my dislike for a touchscreen only device and my relatively good phone performance with Verizon.

Any ideas? Any hope that RIM will get their heads out of their butts and offer a real sync solution that does not suck? Mark/Space is blowing me off right now so my only sync solution is over the air to scheduleworld. I do periodic backups to my windows pc at the office but it's a shame I can't have full support for my BB on Mac OS X.

I hate it when zealots try to tell me what phone is best for me, but RIM has dropped the ball when it comes to OS X.
    You and everybody else.
    03-03-09 03:06 AM
    ahh, i love Isheep... though i happen to be one myself !!
    03-05-09 02:05 PM
    My Husband and I and family have always had Macs, always will. I would LOVE to have an iPod Touch, but would NEVER consider giving up my BB.
    One, I think A T & T SUCKS. Customer service has to be about the worst ever. And I will never have a "smart phone" that can't push my e-mail, if, in fact it is true that iPhone doesn't have that option.
    03-05-09 05:03 PM
    Thats the one thing about macs that annoys me. Many people feel superior because they own macs even though for what they are, they aren't that good of a deal. Don't get me wrong I love macs, but for the price I pay it would be more cost efficient to buy another laptop and run leopard on it.
    03-05-09 05:24 PM
    Out of about 20 people in my office about half are mac users. Out of all of them I am the only blackberry user. 19 others have iphones. I originally had an iphone (it got stolen) and I opted out of our employee phone program (long story). I didn't like the iphone for one reason: It was a crappy phone. All of the cute little features were neat and I really liked playing games when I was bored. But, when it came down to it, the call volume sucked and typing was a pain in the ****. I never got used to the lack of buttons.

Everyone in my office gives me crap for being a BB user, but it works for me. Just like a mac works for me. I am not going to drink the kool-aid for every product apple puts out. My sister loves her iphone and good for her. But I prefer to hear people when they call me instead of having an application that farts when I hit the big red button.
    03-08-09 12:55 AM
    I would never switch back to an iPhone, had one for 2 weeks and hated it instantly. I dont see how people can put up with them!!!

I've got my syncing method worked out well - my iCal syncs to Google and Google to my BB - its great.

My dad and I constantly fight every day - he has an iPhone, we send each other abusing emails all day long
    03-08-09 04:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD