I love the Safari browser but I find myself using email more and more and I still have yet to get used to the iPhone keyboard. I'll be giving my wife the iPhone so it won't be gone for good.

Anyone thinking of making the switch once the Bold comes to AT&T?

I must admit the 3G and Wifi issues on the Bold have me slightly worried. I guess worst case I could return the Bold and get the iPhone 3G right ?
    Last edited by colnago08; 09-01-08 at 07:39 PM. Reason: I can't type
    09-01-08 07:39 PM
    I have owned both iphone 2g and 3g and am now currently using the bold on rogers

mostly the same reasons you moved
    I loved the safari browser it looked and worked great, however I used the iPhone mainly for emails texts and calls

switching to the bold with its great keyboard has never made me so happy
    getting the email service, bbm and that great keyboard back is absolutely amazing!!!!

the browser on the bold while still a downgrade is usable however for my use of google, cb and a couple other sites its perfect for me.

I have yet to drop connection with 3g at all and when I am at home wifi is always running nicely so don't be worried
    (have not traveled with it yet excluding going up to the cottage but even at the cottage 3g was still great)

hope this convinces you to get the bold when it comes out for you southerners
    09-01-08 07:55 PM
    Anyone else made this switch?
    09-03-08 06:23 PM
    Yup. Bought a Bold while traveling in Canada last week. Unlocked it and am using on AT&T without issue. Had both the 2G and 3G iPhones and realized that I was really struggling to send mail and getting hand pain trying to type! Plus, I was wasting way too much time on the app store and playing with all the toys.

Never happier since going back to BB! And NO problems after 10 days on AT&T. Solid 3G and actually better 3G than my iPhone.
    09-03-08 06:52 PM
    Yup. Bought a Bold while traveling in Canada last week. Unlocked it and am using on AT&T without issue. Had both the 2G and 3G iPhones and realized that I was really struggling to send mail and getting hand pain trying to type! Plus, I was wasting way too much time on the app store and playing with all the toys.

Never happier since going back to BB! And NO problems after 10 days on AT&T. Solid 3G and actually better 3G than my iPhone.
    This is reassuring. Although, I'm not looking forward to waiting until Oct/Nov for the Bold. I may have to get the 8320 or a 8820 (I really need Wifi).
    09-03-08 07:15 PM
    I had both iphones, I liked the 2g better than the 3g. I had nothing but problems with my 3g, it worked when it wanted to. I was also charging the iphone 3g 2 times a day, by noon it was dead. I went back to BB and couldn't be happier. If you want a phone to play with get a iphone, if you want a phone that works and you can have fun with and dont have to charge 2 times a day or more then get a BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD