the download from rim only works on windows, and the desktop manager doesn't find anything higher then os 5 something. this is onto a 9700 as well.

thanks for the help in advance.
    03-09-11 08:09 PM
    You have to get a program called "My PC" for Macs and install it on your computer. It's like having a dual boot HD2, choosing either Macintosh or Windows software to use. From the "My PC" side of your Mac you can then proceed as you'd like. You'll have to download the Windows version of DM to it, obviously, but all will work fine from there.
    03-09-11 08:24 PM
    You have to get a program called "My PC" for Macs and install it on your computer. It's like having a dual boot HD2, choosing either Macintosh or Windows software to use. From the "My PC" side of your Mac you can then proceed as you'd like. You'll have to download the Windows version of DM to it, obviously, but all will work fine from there.
    Another awesome virtual machine application (do they support it on Linux too? Nvm, I'll google lol)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-11 09:51 PM
    Mac's already have a program called Bootcamp already built into the software.

It basically creates a windows partition. U will need a copy of windows (any version will do).

Follow the guide on the mac and you will have a windows laptop on your mac.

To boot into windows, fully shutdown your mac, hold the alt key and switch on mac, keep holding until you get two drives pop up. Choose windows and off you go.

FYI This is not a virtual machine!

Hope that helps!

buttincheek likes this.
    03-10-11 01:58 AM
    Hi,

I can't seem to find 'MY PC' Would it be possible to forward a URL?

Thanks.
    03-10-11 07:48 AM
    i had no problems updating to os 6 with my mac & bell. plugged it in and it found the update right away

maybe make sure youre running the latest desktop manager?
    03-10-11 04:22 PM
    Mac's already have a program called Bootcamp already built into the software.

It basically creates a windows partition. U will need a copy of windows (any version will do).

Follow the guide on the mac and you will have a windows laptop on your mac.

To boot into windows, fully shutdown your mac, hold the alt key and switch on mac, keep holding until you get two drives pop up. Choose windows and off you go.

FYI This is not a virtual machine!

Hope that helps!

Hmm... never heard of this program, searched mine for it and nothing. Besides this seems no more convenient or less complicated than installing "My PC". As a matter of fact it sounds much easier. "My PC" is basically the Windows software you're saying they need anyway, and it's much cheaper, you can even often find it free as a package deal with other very beneficial software bundles. I might try this though, just as something fun to do 'cause I'm a tinkerer.

Good info and lookin' out!
    03-10-11 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD