Since I have never been able to get an OS install working with Win-DM and virtualization, and Mac-DM won't do unofficial installs, I am in need of finding a way to install new OS's.

I don't own a windows machine, my windows computer at work is locked down.

I have a mac and two linux machines. Has anyone had success using VirtualBox Win-DM on a linux machine for an OS install?

I really don't want to dual boot.

~S
    12-17-09 08:12 AM
    a dual boot is really the only way you'll be able to get it done. and it's really not THAT bad...windows is useful for some things
    12-19-09 03:54 AM
    I don't hate having windiows around. I just hate rebooting for a single task. That is why I like using a vm.
    12-19-09 06:38 AM
    I have a MacBook and I run VirtualBox on it with Windows XP for syncing to my BBerry and for other software that doesn't run on my Mac.

Enjoy VirtualBox
    12-19-09 06:28 PM
    I can sync fine with vbox on mac. But I can never install an os. It always hangs after the reboot and is unable to connect to the jvm.
    12-19-09 06:32 PM
    I have a MacBook and I run VirtualBox on it with Windows XP for syncing to my BBerry and for other software that doesn't run on my Mac.

Enjoy VirtualBox
    I'm trying to do the same thing on my MBP running XP, but I can't get my BB recognized in Virtual Box, It shows up checked in the drop down 'devices' menu, but I can't get it picked up by any BB software on my XP side. Any ideas?
    12-29-09 12:07 AM
    Thanks for reply...
    12-29-09 05:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD