03-30-10 06:38 AM
37 12
tools
    Crossover for Mac is probably the best program made for windows needs. It can run just about any windows program on a mac; i havent had a single problem with it running any sort of windows program yet. give it a try if youd like

Windows Applications Seamlessly Integrated on Mac OS X - Mac Windows - CodeWeavers

Desktop Manager for mac isnt the most reliable program, I still use it though. I thought of using crossover and using the windows version, but havent come to the point where I ABSOLUTELY needed to..
    Anyway, mac is the way to go if you're looking for something dependable, clean and efficient. I have a macbook pro and love it, just as -if not more- powerful than most PCs. I've had it for a year and it runs just as fast as when I bought it
    Last edited by stagi; 02-25-10 at 09:35 PM.
    02-25-10 09:28 PM
    Crossover for Mac is probably the best program made for windows needs. It can run just about any windows program on a mac; i havent had a single problem with it running any sort of windows program yet. give it a try if youd like

Windows Applications Seamlessly Integrated on Mac OS X - Mac Windows - CodeWeavers

Desktop Manager for mac isnt the most reliable program, I still use it though. I thought of using crossover and using the windows version, but havent come to the point where I ABSOLUTELY needed to..
    Anyway, mac is the way to go if you're looking for something dependable, clean and efficient. I have a macbook pro and love it, just as -if not more- powerful than most PCs. I've had it for a year and it runs just as fast as when I bought it
    That's interesting, I have had no issues with Desktop Manager for Mac, in fact it has been running better than the Windows version did on my PC. It opens and syncs my Bold in under one minute from plugging in the Bold to finishing the sync and closing the program. For OS updates on the phone I'll run the Windows version via Parallel or use the PC. Other than the OS update I find the Mac version to work much smoother than the Windows version.
    02-26-10 12:31 PM
    I love my MacBook Pro!!! No issues. Easy to do whatever you want on it! Installing programs is just as easy as on a PC.
    Windows is just such a hassle all of the issues with Windows updates and such. My old Laptop had a bad windows update and that was the end of it.
    I agree. Once you go Mac you never go back!!!
    The price is defiantly well worth it for a quality made computer.
    02-26-10 10:50 PM
    It's that simple. I took about a week to gel with the MAC way of doing things. It is so much easier, simpler, nicer, lovlier and I could go on and on... Like NIKE says... Just do it.

If there are Windows must have simply do a paralells. Works like a charm. I have a MacBook Pro unibody. Only problem I have is that the edges are a bit sharp. I especially love the lights beneath the keys. Ohhh. the keys... wow. you wont want to stop typing.

Get get and love it.
    02-26-10 10:59 PM
    Following on from what another poster touched on, it is a good idea to go straight to the "preferences" for any new application you use (open the app, click on the app name at the top left to open a menu and choose "preferences"). Click through each tab at the top of the box that opens and set your preferences for how you would like that app to behave.

For some apps this is just a customization thing and for others it can be very important (like the safari advice earlier). Also lets you get a feel for the software when you first use it...
    03-08-10 02:11 PM
    I have had my Macbook for a year and a half now. I absolutely love it. My husband has a big ol' 17" HP laptop running Windows something or other and it takes forever to boot up. The phrase 'keep it simple stupid' comes to mind.
    03-08-10 02:58 PM
    Ha - I have to make a comment - does anyone else feel windows illiterate after using their mac for x amount of time? For my class I need to use a windows program and JESUS I was so slow running on that pc.. I was almost embarassed lol. Just thought I'd throw in that laugh.
    03-08-10 07:04 PM
    lol I know what you mean Speed. Whenever I go to use my hubby's laptop [Windoze... lol] I feel so messed up. Trying to use the trackpad to move the page up and down. I hate it. Everything feels so bulky on it.
    03-08-10 07:38 PM
    Coming from my line of work, I do not have a preferance. I have owned both platforms and I use them on a regular basis. I find that the Windows-Based platform is utilized mostly by my business-work-place environment while during my down time at home, I find myself balancing my life on my iMac through iWork as well as winding down with Garage Band. Either way, I have not regretted owning either. While I am super happy with my workhorse Mac, I am looking to complete my home network with a HP DV6 laptop. Many might suggest running parallels, however I want to keep both platforms separate. Good luck on your Mac Quest! It is worth the cost.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 03:09 AM
    Vista made me switch. I will NEVER go back. I can't stand using windows for more than 10 minutes without getting frustrated. I definitely think the extra money is worth it. It took me about a week to get used to the differences between the two systems (file/folder layout, commands, menus, etc) but once I did it's perfectly fine. And there's many "Mac 101" and "Switching to a Mac" articles giving you tips and tricks. GO FOR IT!
    03-29-10 06:51 AM
    First thing you do when you get it is to go into Safari, open the preferences, choose the general tab, and turn off "Open 'safe' files after downloading."

I don't know why Apple leaves this turned on. If you download an app, it'll open it and possibly run it on your computer. You DON'T want this turned on.
    But if you know what your downloading, surely it wouldnt be a problem? I don't have that option turned off and I dont worry one bit...
    03-29-10 09:05 AM
    Hello,

Picked up a refurb 15" uMBP a few weeks ago. Won't go back to Windoze. Windows are used to let in fresh air. However, if one is considering a new MBP, wait for the refresh. Apple is overdue on refreshing the MacBook Pro Line, and is concentrating on the iPad. It is not worth paying premium prices for 2 year old technology.

Rumor has it that Apple will incorporate Intel's i5/i7 Arrandale Processor and a discrete Graphics Card. The C2D Processor is still good, however, if you are going to pay top $$$, get the lastest technology.

My wife stole my uMBP, so now I have to wait for the refresh. I won't buy another cheap plastic laptop, even if the specs are superior, and running Windows 7.
    03-30-10 06:38 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD