Tell me if I understand these correctly:

1. Snycing and backing up berries is not the same thing.

2. Pocketmac syncs, but does not backup.

3. If I switch berries, I can't use pocketmac to transfer all my data from one to the other. I gotta use the desktop software on a windows rig.

I'm not a syncing guy. I just want to keep a backup of my data. In playing around with pocketmac on my mac and desktop software on the wife's Dell, I've found that pocketmac doesn't do anything for me.

I could spend time playing around with pocketmac more if I'm missing something and pocketmac will do what I need. Should I keep working on it or just stick to the windows rig and the desktop software?

Like I said, syncing is not my thing. I just want to keep a backup and be able to transfer data if/when I upgrade berries.
    12-10-08 11:50 AM
    1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

You will need Desktop Manager to do a backup or transfer to a new device.

Maybe Missing Synch for Mac does a backup? I never used it...

EDIT - I just read the Missing Synch web page and it does not do a backup.
    Last edited by dsword; 12-11-08 at 09:26 AM.
    12-11-08 09:23 AM
    That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming for me. Now I can stop wasting my time with pocketmac.
    12-11-08 09:34 AM
    Pocketmack is absolute junk! I have a mac and I got so tired of not being able to sync and backup my bb that I ran bootcamp and installed windows onto my mac. This has been the best solution for my berry and the windows side is for my bb completely. Unfortunately having a bb is the one disadvantage for having a mac. Also if you stick to the windows side you'll actually be able to install progroms on your berry and update the operating system. with pocketmac or missing sync you cannot!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 12:29 AM