I have both. My itunes is on the mac though...

Are there any disadvantages to using the Mac? Is there anything you can't do on a Mac that can only be done on a PC?
    11-15-08 06:55 AM
    I work with both Macs and PCs and my personal prferrence is a PC 100% of the time. Macs cost more and do less and imo, they are a lot harder to use and when they go wrong, watch out! The PC on the other hand is simple to fix and has a very logical software and file structure which is sadly lacking on the Mac.

There is also far more software available for the PC and at lower cost too, but due to the single supplier of hardware (Apple), some programs which only run on the Mac, do so very well. Logic Audio is probably the most famous of these.
    11-15-08 07:15 AM
    Fair enough.

But with regards to the BB, is there anything I won't be able to do the Mac that I can do on a PC.

I use my Macs for fun (i actually prefer the Mac) and the PC's for work (company proprietary software).
    11-15-08 07:21 AM
    I was a pc user for years until I discovered MAC and I love mine. BUT, you will not be able to upgrade or re-install your Blackberry OS with the MAC. That is why I am considering installing windows on my Intel Imac.

Anyone know the cheapest place to find Windows Vista 32bit full version?
    11-15-08 11:02 AM
    Syncing is a pain in the a$$ on a Mac. I have my 15" MacBook Pro and I spent 2 months trying to get PocketSync to work and it never did...so now I'm running windows in VMWare Fusion...it's a glorious thing, VMWare. Mac OS is nice but I'd take a PC any day...it's all about compatibility. Doesn't matter if Mac has a better OS if it's not compatible with the devices people use everyday.
    11-15-08 12:52 PM
    I have nothing against MAC but it appears that MAC users encounter more problems with the BB interface. This based on my very unscientific take from reading the CB threads on a daily basis. A recent post last week mentioned that RIM was addressing the MAc interface issues. Obviously this is worst than second hand info.
    11-15-08 12:58 PM
    I have both. The PC by far - more options, fewer problems. But the Mac is my primary computer. I only use the PC when stuff won't work on the Mac.
    11-15-08 07:00 PM
    Until recently, I had both an intel iMac and a windows laptop. I was hanging on to the laptop simply because of my blackberry. Well, last week my berry AND my laptop died a horrible death. I won't go into the whole story but it involved a fall off of a table and a can of soda.... I don't have the cash available for a new one so I got Parallels for my iMac and installed XP Pro on it. I can now run windows inside of Mac OS X.

I wish I had done this a long time ago. The install was a snap. My iMac runs windows much smoother than my laptop ever did. I installed the BB destop manager and backed up my berry. All is right with the world now. My next laptop or desktop (haven't decided which yet) will be a Mac. After years of building PC's, repairing PC's, and beating my head against Windows and it's antiquated OS, I am now a full on Mac-ophile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by adambigge; 11-17-08 at 09:56 AM.
    11-17-08 09:54 AM
    can someone explain what parallels and vmware are? i'm using and older G4 powerbook with 10.5.5.
    11-17-08 12:00 PM
    Parallels and VMware are types of software that create a "virtual machine" environment in order to allow another OS to run inside of the Mac OS. I am not sure if anything is available for the G4 series. Does anyone know if BOOTcamp works with non-intel based Macs?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 12:06 PM
    Macs cost more and do less and imo, they are a lot harder to use and when they go wrong, watch out! The PC on the other hand is simple to fix and has a very logical software and file structure which is sadly lacking on the Mac.

Wow!! Macs a lot harder to use? I dont even consider to see how that is the case. Macs are the most simple of computers to operate. Not to mentions a super steady workhorse in the entertainment industry. ie. ProTools, Avid, Final Cut, Photoshop. I can go on but I feel that statement is entirely false
    11-17-08 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD