I have a MacBook... Is there a way to have the iCal and whatnot sync up with my 8310 automatically using the internet (i.e. have it run every night at midnight)?

**Also, I have AT&T and use their unlimited date package, but NOT the BlackBerry package.
    05-21-09 08:20 AM
    spanning sync and google sync
    05-21-09 02:02 PM
    spanning sync and google sync
    After struggling with both Pocketmac and Missing Sync, I've finally gone with Busysync on my mac and googlesync on my bb. Works great.
    It all happens automatically.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 09:35 PM
    Google is offering the ability the sync iCal with your Google calendar. I use Google Sync so everything I enter on my Blackberry also appears on my Google Calendar as well as iCal. Google has detailed instructions under the Google Calendar/iCal sync option. I can't post a link, but just do a Google search on the topic.
    05-22-09 01:31 PM
    Google is offering the ability the sync iCal with your Google calendar. I use Google Sync so everything I enter on my Blackberry also appears on my Google Calendar as well as iCal. Google has detailed instructions under the Google Calendar/iCal sync option. I can't post a link, but just do a Google search on the topic.
    I just started this method yesterday and it works great, so far. I will post all the details after I am confident it works well ...in a few days...unfortunately I think you have to be running 10.5 or higher on your Mac.
    05-27-09 07:50 PM
    Just wondering what the advantage is to this, as you already have Google Sync syncing your BB and Google Calendar.

Is it just so you can see your calendar on the Mac without opening a browser to Google?
    05-28-09 12:03 PM
    does anyone have any more info? Just got a mac laptop, i'm still a newbie...
    05-30-09 11:03 PM
    does anyone have any more info? Just got a mac laptop, i'm still a newbie...
    Have you umm even read the posts?

What more info do you need?

A suggestion was given... ppl use it.. and they love it...

What are you missing?
    05-30-09 11:32 PM
    Just wondering what the advantage is to this, as you already have Google Sync syncing your BB and Google Calendar.

Is it just so you can see your calendar on the Mac without opening a browser to Google?
    That is one reason, but I also like knowing that I have a copy of my calendar/contacts on my Mac in case I can't access Google for any reason (server down - rare but can happen). It's also nice to have in case I have to switch phones and can easily transfer all my contacts (Google keeps dropping one for some reason).
    05-31-09 06:34 AM
    Have you umm even read the posts?

What more info do you need?

A suggestion was given... ppl use it.. and they love it...

What are you missing?
    Google Sync doesn't work with OS 4.6.
    05-31-09 04:06 PM
    Google Sync doesn't work with OS 4.6.
    Um says who?
    I use Spanning Sync and google sync and it's flawless...
    05-31-09 04:43 PM
    The Google option doesn't work if you already have your calendars set up in iCal... there is no way to move them to Google's Calendar.
    05-31-09 06:40 PM
    You need to export you iCal calendar and imported into Google, then set up Google Sync using their free tool (if you can, just because it is easier). It will create a remote calendar in iCal that has all of your events, then you can uncheck/hide/delete your original iCal calendar so as not to have duplicates.
    05-31-09 10:57 PM
    You need to export you iCal calendar and imported into Google, then set up Google Sync using their free tool (if you can, just because it is easier). It will create a remote calendar in iCal that has all of your events, then you can uncheck/hide/delete your original iCal calendar so as not to have duplicates.
    Then you can't sync the mobile calendar with MobileMe as well right?
    If there was a way for Google to actually SYNC with iCal - not just display a remote calendar - then it would be perfect.

Actually, perfect would be a Mac Blackberry Desktop app.
    05-31-09 11:03 PM
    Um says who?
    I use Spanning Sync and google sync and it's flawless...
    There are plenty of complaints on the Google forums from Bold users with GSYNC 0.515. What's happening is recurring events spanning multiple days only sync the first day. IOW, a three day event in Google syncs as a one day event on the Bold.

This doesn't happen with the Pearl and OS 4.5 which works well in conjunction with BusySync on the Mac. Not sure if GSync causes headaches with a Storm and OS 4.7.

-- Robert.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD