The scenario:

Google calendar is synched with iCal using Spanning Sync software.

BB calendar is synced with Google Calendar using Google Sync.

All is fine and well in the default calendar (in Google). However, when I sync my other calendars from iCal to Google, it (Spanning Sync) requires that I create a separate/new calendar in GoogleCal, and it appears as though I can't sync my bb with anything other than the default -- so I only have that one calendar's entries flowing through the full system: bb-->google-->ical (and back).

Am I missing some setting in either: googlesync/bb that would allow me to grab more than one calendar from google OR spanningsync that would allow me to force all calendars on my iCal to go to only the default calendar on Google?
    12-17-08 03:02 PM
    So have I stumped everyone, or is my explanation of the problem just poor? If it's the latter, can I have some questions from folks to answer so as to make the problem clearer?
    12-18-08 09:19 AM
    So have I stumped everyone, or is my explanation of the problem just poor? If it's the latter, can I have some questions from folks to answer so as to make the problem clearer?
    You must be missing something because I am using the same process and don't have that problem - I do though get an error message from google sync that there is another sync client adding events to the blackberry calendar and to avoid duplicates google sync will not keep these events up to date.

I assume that other client is spanning sync?

In any case - I did have a problem with google sync not recognizing my calendars and I drilled down in preferences to find where to add calendars AND I reduced my many calendars down to just two because I know that syncing multiple calendars can prompt problems - perhaps you have not set up your calendars identically on the BB, googlecal and ical?
    12-19-08 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD