Searched through forums with no result. Sorry if this has been covered. I'm looking to automatically synch my iCal with my BB almost like an IMAP for email. Where I can add something to my iCal (or visa versa) and have it reflect immediately (or within reasonable time, is more like it) on the other device. I'm thinking that I could use Google Calendar to act as some sort of third party liaison with it's BB app, but haven't really looked into configuration as of yet. Any suggestions with google calendar or otherwise would be greatly appreciated.

*on a side note, I'm very impressed with the help and patience I've been getting so far on crackberry. This community has made this BB newb feel very welcome and I've learned so much in so little time.
    07-06-08 08:08 AM
    I have extensively investigated this and never found a way. I just imported my iCal file into Google Calendar and use it exclusively with Google Sync. It has worked seamlessly, and the natural language input makes me like Google Calendar better than iCal anyway.
    07-06-08 08:19 AM
    I have extensively investigated this and never found a way. I just imported my iCal file into Google Calendar and use it exclusively with Google Sync. It has worked seamlessly, and the natural language input makes me like Google Calendar better than iCal anyway.
    Good to know, I won't pull my hair out too much. I'm looking into using my .mac account as well
    07-06-08 08:24 AM
    Found this in my searches but it's $65...looks like it might be just what the doctor ordered.
    Last edited by boxofrain; 07-06-08 at 08:39 AM.
    07-06-08 08:28 AM
    Update: Downloaded the trial version of spanning sync. It syncs perfectly. You can set it up to sync on a schedule or do a manual sync. Now if I can only get the Google Cal app on my BB, I can see how it works all together. The link they sent me doesn't seem to work.
    07-06-08 09:46 AM
    Update: I installed google's calendar sync on my BB and gave the setup with spanning synch a whirl. All bidirectional tests seem to have worked flawlessly. Both are set to sync automatically within a given time period but I'm trying to make it a habit to manually sync. I may purchase a year licence to spanning sync (for less than lifetime) just in case something better comes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by boxofrain; 07-07-08 at 11:55 AM.
    07-07-08 11:52 AM
    Here is my iCal strategy, I only use iCal to subscribe to my gCal calendar. I have installed gSync on my BB 8330. It has worked flawlessly with gCal, syncing both ways. Since my iCal subscribes to my gCal calendar, it too reflects any sync changes coming from the BB's gSync plugin to gCal or from gCal to the BB Calendar via gSync.

The only caveat is, I cannot make entries into iCal, calendar entries have to be made on the BB or gCal. When I really think about it, probably dont need to use iCal. But it is nice to have I guess.
    07-08-08 08:27 AM
    Here is my iCal strategy, I only use iCal to subscribe to my gCal calendar. I have installed gSync on my BB 8330. It has worked flawlessly with gCal, syncing both ways. Since my iCal subscribes to my gCal calendar, it too reflects any sync changes coming from the BB's gSync plugin to gCal or from gCal to the BB Calendar via gSync.

The only caveat is, I cannot make entries into iCal, calendar entries have to be made on the BB or gCal. When I really think about it, probably dont need to use iCal. But it is nice to have I guess.
    That's a good strategy.

I think I'm having anxiety of loosing my ability to input through iCal, though. I'm going to buy a one year license for spanning sync so I can still input in iCal when I want.

So far so good with my current setup using spanning sync>gCal>Gsync>bbCal bidirectionally.
    Last edited by boxofrain; 07-08-08 at 10:34 AM.
    07-08-08 09:26 AM
    I actually use 30boxes.com and sync it to iCal then manually sync using Missing Sync. 30boxes has a mobile site if you prefer also. it's some manual labor but it works.

i'm going to look into the wireless sycing w gcal/ical
    07-08-08 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD