Hi everyone, I just got the 9530 Storm this past weekend and am new to the whole blackberry world so this could potentially be a ridiculous question. I'm trying to find a way to add spanish language support to my phone so i can display and type in spanish. I've searched through a number of forums looking for info on this, but unfortunately all the answers involved using the pc desktop manager software. I was hoping someone could tell me of a different way of adding a language using mac?

Thanks!
    03-23-09 05:55 PM
    I don't know what OS version is on your phone, but I *think* you need the one that has multi-language support. You'll also need a PC to upgrade your phones OS- cant be done on a Mac.

Thats the best I can provide. Someone with more knowledge of language support will have to chime in.
    03-23-09 08:27 PM
    Bummer i guess i gotta find a pc now, thank you very much for your help.

Right now I'm using whatever OS came with the phone. I'm guessing it's the number under App Version in the help me screen so it's 4.7.0.75 (107). Does anyone know of a newer/better version that I could install if I can get my hands on a PC? Again, sorry I'm new at this, but any help is greatly appreciated.
    03-23-09 08:57 PM
    Now that I cant answer. i don't have a Storm but you can browse around the forum to find out if you get tired of waiting for someone to respond.
    03-23-09 09:16 PM
    I just found this- it's a step in the direction you need to take

9500 Official Release OS 4.0.0.144/A4.7.0.113 - Multilanguage
    03-23-09 09:18 PM
    Scratch that last post- this one was posted today. Apparently this is the official release that will be available to Verizon users next week. Get it while it's hot..... then get to a freinds house and upgrade your phone from a PC

Storm 9530 4.7.0.113 - Next Official OS DOWNLOAD IT HERE
    03-23-09 09:24 PM
    Thanks a lot for all your help!
    03-23-09 09:51 PM
    You're welcome.
    03-23-09 10:13 PM
    You'll also need a PC to upgrade your phones OS- cant be done on a Mac.

Thats the best I can provide. Someone with more knowledge of language support will have to chime in.
    Am I to understand that there is no way to go back to the original .75 that was installed on my phone (that had multilanguage support) without a PC that has DM on it? That seems retarded that you can't just wipe it and do a re-install to the official .75 to regain the multilanguage support. Am I missing something?
    05-03-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD