I bought 2 of the BlackBerry Curves last weekend - and after 6 days of trying to get it to sync with our Macs I have finally given up. Just returned the Curves to Verizon and will be picking up our 2 new iPhones this evening. Should have done this in the first place. Verizon was nice enough about it - they have some 30 day no worries guarantee. Just too bad that I will be sacrificing the great coverage of Verizon for the so-so coverage of AT & T (although I have heard from a few friends that it has become significantly better as of late).

So if anyone out there is thinking of buying a BlackBerry and has a Mac - please take my advice and don't. It is not worth the hassle to TRY and get them to sync.

JimO
    Erie, PA
    11-28-08 02:35 PM
    PocketSync works, and, u could always run XP in parallels.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 02:37 PM
    I bought 2 of the BlackBerry Curves last weekend - and after 6 days of trying to get it to sync with our Macs I have finally given up. Just returned the Curves to Verizon and will be picking up our 2 new iPhones this evening. Should have done this in the first place. Verizon was nice enough about it - they have some 30 day no worries guarantee. Just too bad that I will be sacrificing the great coverage of Verizon for the so-so coverage of AT & T (although I have heard from a few friends that it has become significantly better as of late).

So if anyone out there is thinking of buying a BlackBerry and has a Mac - please take my advice and don't. It is not worth the hassle to TRY and get them to sync.

JimO
    Erie, PA
    I'm sorry to hear, but pocketmac works great with my storm and previous curve
    11-28-08 04:30 PM
    I use PocketMac and while there have been some problems, it was over two years before I used Desktop Manager and started looking at other options for data sync. It seems that most folks have success with Missing Sync software, so perhaps that is the best way to go.
    11-28-08 06:58 PM
    PocketMac does suck. Even though $20 a month is more than I care to pay for it, I find using a hosted BES is just easier. Even if I had a machine that could run Windows I'd rather just have the hosted BES since all my info is constantly backed up. Not to mention that a lot of devices support wireless ActiveSync so I can potentially and very easily keep multiple devices in sync.
    11-28-08 10:49 PM
    You definitely needed PocketMac or the Missing Sync. I have all MAC's and am currently using Missing Sync for my Treo 700wx. I am waiting for my Storm to be delivered, and I am going to try PocketMac. I read a lot of stuff in the forums about it so I hope it works well. If not, I will just pay and get the Missing Sync for Blackberry.
    11-28-08 11:24 PM
    I am trying to go from a Iphone to a BOLD and the basic fundemental syncing has become a hassle. While my families 5 Iphones suck as phones they are incredible at out of the box funtionality.

NOTES-
    MISSING SYNC- Bought missing sync before I found out Pocketsync was free. DOESNT WORK!!!!

POCKET SYNC- I got allot further with PS even thou its failing with my Contacts ... However, it's free!!!

I am now going to clean up my address book and see if that helps.
    11-29-08 06:49 PM
    Even I must admit, much as I love my Curve - one thing I do miss is the straight out of the box functionality the iPhone has for both Mac AND PC users.
    That was a huge point of contention I had to wrestle with before making the decision about which phone to go with.

Honestly, if AT&T's service wasn't so spotty and their 3G was decent - I don't know.
    I very well could have gone with Apple, despite some of the shortcomings of the iPhone 3G.

So I can understand, totally.

For me, it's not a major major issue- but I know that having good sync between mobile device and computer for some, is more like a requirement!
    RIM, would you please hurry it up and offer us poor Mac users a way to do this easily?
    Some of us are just as business professional as the PC segment too, yanno.
    11-30-08 01:29 AM
    I had the same issue. I have a Macbook Pro and get very irritated with syncing. I use Pocket Mac and it works but Google Mobile syncing actually works better for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 01:40 AM
    Make sure when you guys are syncing you arent syncing everything at once. if you sync your stuff seperate like

Contacts

then next sync do your calender

etc..

it will run alot smoother
    11-30-08 02:08 AM
    Hi all,

It CAN be very frustrating... I bought a Curve in August, thinking it would be the best thing ever and I couldn't wait to not have a phone AND a palm pilot in my purse! I ended up returning the Curve in August, then bought another one last week (my mom needed a new phone, so I gave her my LG EnV 2 - which is an excellent "regular" phone!)... with a little patience and tweaking, and going in with the attidue of "well, I guess there are a few glitches, but it's worth it to have a great smartphone and the BEST in computers..."

Maybe soon RIM will get on some improvements! Especially with the release of the Storm... I'm betting lots of Mac users will get that one!

Good luck everyone - forums like this are extremely helpful! And thank you to whoever said to sync only one thing at a time (only contacts, only calendar, etc.) - that's working so far!
    11-30-08 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD