Hello-

The only service available to me is verizon - no other service offered. I want an Iphone but can't get an AT&T signal. I bought a Storm (.75), got frustrated and bought a Curve. Now I find out I HAVE to attach to a PC (NOT A MAC!!) to upgrade the Curve software - no way to do it OTA. I may go back to the Storm since they have released the software upgrade OTA (tonight). Any thoughts????
    05-31-09 12:53 PM
    I have the storm and the new upgrade is very nice, runs a lot smoother and faster, fixes a lot of little bugs and glitches. I also have a MAC and a shitty PC in the other room so any updates I actually do there. Or OTA if available. I would definitely go back to the storm, but it is all up to you and what you prefer.
    05-31-09 03:15 PM
    Software upgrading, speaking of the OS, is hardly needed, at least at the frequency most here do it. Most folks do it here because their BB is more like an obsessive hobby than anything else.

I understand the frustration of no usable tool for us Mac users, but not much we can do about it. Maybe someday RIM will make all OS upgrades OTA.
    05-31-09 10:26 PM
    Bootcamp or parallels
    06-01-09 03:10 AM
    Bootcamp or parallels

Or VMwareFusion or VirtualBox.
    06-01-09 08:05 AM
    I think the best option is to borrow a friend or family members PC for an hour to do the upgrade.
    06-01-09 08:19 AM
    I went out and found a PC - My Storm is working more efficiently. I'll try it for a while - maybe it'll grow on me. Thanks for the replies.
    06-01-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD