OH the horror..

The misery
    12-12-08 11:43 AM
    Plan 2

keep all the stuff described above for the Mac

TOTALLY FORGET about seeing it all on your BB

Just use ONE category (iCal diary) called "Pocket Mac"

To swap notes between your Mac and BB

When syncing follow the prompt re deleted tasks - and OK the deletion of things you have done..

WHAT A HUGE WASTE OF MY TIME

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This is driving me crazy

Even the stupid iPhone wont sync the cool notes you can make with Mac Leopard.

And I heard on BES - Using Mac Entorage - notes don't work either..

The web desktop of ToDoMatrix is simply to slow and you cant 'mass move' things.. Its due for an overhaul and a 2.0 version is due out 'sometime' ....

Omnifocus is just for iPhone / Mac and you cant inject items from emails so that is total BS as far as I am concerned - (forget cut and paste of course)

I am one unhappy, Blackberry loving list maker...

I'm off to the garden to go eat some worms.. see ya'll later...
    12-12-08 11:51 AM
    Munch munch...

Someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong and point out alternate methods?

DAV cal? With BES?

Will that sync notes? with MAC?
    12-12-08 11:54 AM
    I'm not sure if this up the alley of GTD but Reqall at least allows you to have the same info on the BB and the web. It works with the storm and you can text, email or voice record (so I'm told) notes to the BB and depending on how you often you setup your sync it will be on the web. You must first setup an account online and it skips the mac altogether but maybe that might be an avenue? And it was free!
    HTH,
    Clint
    12-16-08 09:54 AM
    Yeah good tip. I should really revisit Reqall.I was impressed with it.

After what seems like exhaustive research I have landed on a basic USB cable task / GTD sync solution.

I have decided to go with "Next Action!"

The reason I like it is I imports categories from my Mail & iCal ToDos. It makes use of BB Tasks to do this but you can hide that app to keep your BB screen clearer.

Th reason I like it is this.

Almost all of my Todos have no due date. I am self employed and almost everything I want to list has no particular date / time demand. (Obviously I leave important todos to linger that's bad for business but I don't want or need a lot of data entry fields for due dates, multiple alarms etc...Those are all very redundant for my use)

I can refine and edit my Mac created Todos while I have some spare time and am away from my desk. These changes are instantly updated on my Mac at the timne of Task Sync with Pocket Mac.

Of course I can jot down quick ideas on my BB, and if I chose nominate categories and projects etc...

If a task is deleted on either Mac or BB, at the time of (USB Cable)sync, the Pocket Mac sync will display a pop up notice asking if you DO want to delete these items on the other device. (This isn't very hi tech or slick, but the iPhone can't sync notes, Entourage can't sync notes and all the other apps like Remember The Milk seem to work in only one direction)

So that's where I am it seems like it has taken a tear to get here..,. Gahhhhhhh!

but there are a few new GTD helpers on the horizon worth investigating.

1) Google has just this week added a 'Beta' ToDo element to its Mail program (add it via your preferences)I could possibly be Google to the rescue!!!

2) I am keeping my ear to the ground for Mac Expo Jan 2009 announcements re Snow Leopard OS and any new functionality it may bring

A) Note sync with iPhones...

B) Its new built in microsoft exchange functionality and if it will benefit us BB users who have been left out in the cold BES-wise and forced to use Entourage.

Report ends..

The BB / Mac GTD quest continues...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 11:11 AM
    Wow! A lot of typos in that post! Sorry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 11:14 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD