Okay, so I just got a Curve. I have downloaded iTuneMyWalkman and a trial of The Missing Sync. Neither application is downloading ALL of my music files. They will download some of the files, but seem to be omitting the files with the extension .m4p

I can't figure out why this happens. I own a MacBook running 10.4.11 and have the Curve 8330. My Curve has a 2gig memory card. I would appreciate anyone who can help me solve this....if it is possible!

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by Julane1215; 06-28-08 at 06:18 PM. Reason: forgot to add important info!
    06-28-08 06:16 PM
    M4P files have DEM protection and can only be played on authorized Apple devices. Your MacBook is one and your Curve is not one. That's the problem.
    This was just covered in another thread, so try a forum search on CrackBerry.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 08:58 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

I did try renaming the extension last night to .m4a. It worked in theory....the music actually showed up on my BB, as did the album artwork. Unfortunately, the renaming didn't fool the BB into actually playing the music. I got an error message telling me the "media being played is of an unsupported format."

So, the cheating didn't work.

I think I am going to try and burn them on a CD as mp3 files, and then reload them and see if that works. Other than that, I am stuck.

If anyone else has found a way around this, I would appreciate hearing about it!

Thanks!
    06-29-08 10:05 AM
    There is no other way around getting your iTunes purchased music onto your bb besides converting them to a standard mp3. I used Audio Hijack Pro to convert them to mp3 and convert them to a lower bit rate to make the file size smaller. This way I am not wasting CD's as it will rip them to my hard drive. I lose some sound quality by using a lower bit rate, but it is fine for me.
    07-02-08 09:26 AM
    I have tried downloading a couple of free trials for programs that will supposedly convert to mp3....I am not having too much luck.

At this point, I am annoyed that I can't play music I legally purchased anywhere but on my MacBook/ipod. I love my Mac, but this is annoying!

I haven't tried Audio Hijack...yet.

Thanks!
    07-02-08 11:57 PM
    I forgot that audio hijack can't do mupltiple songs, just one at a time. I also have to use hijackit. It will do by playlists and tag all the files with the proper information.

It is a huge pain to have to do this and costly as neither of those apps are free.

07-03-08 12:01 AM
    Wow I had no idea that mac and music was so hard I'm kinda depressed now

07-05-08 10:05 PM
    Well I wouldn't blame the mac as much as I would the DRM music on iTunes. The CD's that I ripped into iTunes myself I can just drag right out of my library onto my SD card and they work great, including album art. It is just the protected stuff that you have to jump through hoops to get out of iTunes and into anything else.
    07-05-08 10:08 PM
    Oh ok. so its just the drm...that makes it a little better. But I still wanna get my downloaded itunes music...

07-05-08 10:28 PM
    Not all iTunes music has DRM. iTunes Plus music does not have DRM and can be played on any device that supports AAC files. Off the top of my head EMI's whole collection on iTunes is DRM free. Some other labels my have "Plus" and thus no DRM.

I look for "Plus" music on iTunes, if it isnt available, I head over to Amazon and buy there. Amazon is mp3 and no DRM. Just add to my iTunes library and I am good to go.
    07-06-08 09:30 PM
    Wow I didn't know that! Thanks for the info

07-06-08 09:51 PM
    So, after pulling my hair out for many days, I decided to try mp3s from the Rhapsody site. They worked fine and play/transfer to my Curve by simply dragging them to the music folder. Easy!

It irks me to have to repurchase some of my favorites, but in the end I'd rather spend the money than not have the songs at all. Definitely an iTunes issue, not Blackberry.

Oh well....moving on.....
    07-19-08 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD