Here is the scenario:

Wife works for an individual and uses a Mac with pocket sync. Although it would not be an issue what I would like to do is be able to sync her home Oulook Contacts only, to here blackberry that has already synced up on the Mac from contact list, without transfering the personal contacts to the mac.

Now I think I know that syncing between the 2 macjhines can be done, but is there a way to identify her personal contacts from Outlook in the BB so that they will not sync to the work Mac?
    03-28-09 04:31 PM
    It looks like it can be done, but it would require multiple syncs to rid the duplicates. Here is a link that address this issue:

Syncing your BlackBerry with both a Mac and PC | BB Geeks

An alternative method would be this:

Get Outlook to save a whole bunch of vCards for you:
    1. Open Outlook Contacts list.
    2. Select all your contacts. This may be easiest in “Address Cards” view.
    3. In the “Action” menu, select “Forward as vCard”.
    4. Wait a moment while Outlook creates a new email with all of your contacts attached to it as vCards.
    5. Send this email to yourself (be careful not to send it to anyone else, obviously).
    6. Upon receipt of this email, save all the attachments to a location your mac can access, then import them into your Mac OS X Address Book.
    7. Sync the Mac.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Patrickwc; 03-29-09 at 07:00 AM.
    03-29-09 06:53 AM
    Thanks for your help. Although either will sync, I assume there is no way to block "personal" items back to the mac?
    03-29-09 10:29 AM
    Not having a Mac, and not using PocketMac to sync, I am not sure to be honest if you can block personal items. I know you can map the contact folders you would like to sync with DM on the PC, but I am not sure if their is a feature like that in PocketMac.
    03-29-09 01:05 PM
    Thanks for the help
    03-29-09 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD