I just purchased a Blackberry Bold 9780.

I am trying to sync the Bold with my latest version of a Mac (Mac Pro7,1; and running OS 10.6.6).

I also have the latest Microsoft Office package including Outlook 2011.

I downloaded the Blackberry software and realize that this setup only let's me sync contacts (after reading a Mark/Space blog).

Trying the BB software and playing with the settings does not help. I cannot sync what I want: emails, calendar, contacts, tasks, etc.

Who can HELP me please!!!!!
    I am super frustrated.

Can I sync the phone with regular Apple Mail 4.4 and ICal????

All the other blog entries and forum entries are totally old.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited by FritzTX; 02-09-11 at 10:01 AM.
    02-08-11 06:05 PM
    If your email is IMAP you should be able to sync read status and deletion on *most* accounts. IMHO Gmail works best with BlackBerry.

Unless you have BES you can only sync contacts with Outlook 2011 and your BlackBerry. To improve Entourage/Outlook Microsoft reckon they had to break the connection with Apple Sync Services. They promise to include sync of calendar, notes and tasks by July 2011.

Microsoft's statement:
    Outlook for Mac and Your Calendars | Office For Mac

RIM's statement:
    KB24730-Unable to synchronize Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Calendar, Notes, and Tasks using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer

Yes Apple Mail and iCal can sync calendar, contacts, memopad and tasks.
    FritzTX likes this.
    02-10-11 03:02 AM
    Really need help here so frustrated... I've recently decided to switch to a macbook pro. I've synced contacts, calendar entries and to-do's successfully. I understand that notes are synced to Apple Mail. I've been wanting to view NOTES on Apple Mail... Problem is, you need to set-up the email account with Apple Mail first. In my case, I'm a yahoo mail user.. but I found out that I have to pay POP service fees if I want to use Yahoo OR use another web-based mail. I don't want to have to set-up an email account (i.e. gmail/ hotmail) just so I can use Apple Mail.

Any suggestions? I really need the easiest, most hassle free way to sync and view my notes...
    1) Should I just download and use a mail client OTHER than Apple Mail? If yes, WHICH ONE AND WHERE DO I GET IT?
    2) Or should I just open a gmail/hotmail account for the sake of syncing Apple Mail?

I really hope someone can help me out here....
    03-29-11 08:01 AM
    I have always used Mark Space, Missing Sync to synchronize my BB with the Mac. Everything you want is sync"able". Ical up to Entourage.

However the Otlook 2011 it will not do unfortunately, yet.

Hope that helps.
    03-30-11 04:50 AM
    Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 SP1 due 14 April includes Apple Sync Service for Outlook calendar, address book, notes and tasks:

Coming Soon: Office for Mac 2011 SP1 | Office For Mac
    04-09-11 06:14 PM
    Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 SP1 due 14 April includes Apple Sync Service for Outlook calendar, address book, notes and tasks:

Coming Soon: Office for Mac 2011 SP1 | Office For Mac
    I was just coming here to say I read the same news This is great!
    04-09-11 08:29 PM
    But only until early May (forgot the date) when Apple switch to calDav entirely. Then the link will be broken and no more sync between iCal and Mac Outlook 2011. How stupid is that?!
    Apple's scheduled transition to open calDav has been known for quite sometime. I would say that it was M$'s fault.
    04-12-11 09:52 AM
    I use Entourage <-> Sync Services <-> iCal <-> BusySync <-> Google calendar.... and sync my BlackBerry with Google calendar. It works with Mobile.Me too and I hope Outlook will work the same with BusySync.
    04-12-11 03:53 PM
    Yeah, I've got Outlook 2011 -> Sync Services -> iCal -> BlackBerry at the moment.

I hope it doesn't break in May, or I may need to try iCal with BlackBerry without the MS stuff.
    04-13-11 12:33 AM
    As an IMAP email user Outlook sucks - even with SP1. The user experience with Entourage as a PIM is so much better. Plus I need to access an old 2003 Exchange server for one email account and Microsoft dropped support for it in Outlook.

I'm now deciding whether to go back to Entourage 2008 or use Apple Mail with DavMail and iCal.
    04-13-11 05:24 PM