So I've been looking for ways to free up more space on my BB and almost every guide I've found suggests deleting those extra files you don't need (like some of the modules, vendor.xml file, some of the .cods), but none explain how to do so on a mac.

I have the desktop manager installed but I can't figure out how to remove any of those files. Even when I click on "Applications" from within my BB or the desktop manager, it doesn't give me any option other than deleting the entire program. So yeah, how do you delete those files using a Mac?

Oh and I have the curve 8310 with the newest OS (4.5.x) installed if that matters
    12-11-09 08:58 AM
    You may be aware, doing a BlackBerry device OS upgrade has not been possible on Mac until reciently.

I would guess the Device install will use the same directory path:

c:\program files\common files\research in motion\ ...

Use your file manager to verify the location of the files. If you can not find them on this path, do a search for *.COD to locate your installed software.

The good news is, the upgrade to v4.5xx software has already removed most of the memory consuming samples and images.

Your best choice is to use the Applications Loader to select or remove language and installed software.

There are a few non-core BlackBerry applications you can remove, Voice Activated Dialing for example. Most other BlackBerry software is required for normal operation.
    12-11-09 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD