12-11-12 02:08 AM
191 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Anyone else have ideas?

What's weird is when I hit connect, the icon at the top starts moving and says the following:

Connecting... (5 secs or so)
    Authenticating... (5 secs or so)
    Disconnecting...

Then gives me the error "network connection could not be established to the PPP"

Please help!!
    09-02-09 06:59 PM
    GOT IT WORKING!!!

Configuration: Default
    Telephone #: wap.cingular
    Account Name: WAP @cingulargprs.com (without the space)
    Password: CINGULAR1

Change telephone # to wap.cingular

Should work !

Also, on Snow Leopard without the patch.

Does anyone know if it's possible for AT&T to catch me...?
    09-02-09 07:27 PM
    Can you do this without using tetherberry or something like that?

Also, has anybody sent the patch for non-intel based computers? I have a g5 iMac. And would love to do this.
    09-03-09 03:06 PM
    Ark,
    I tried to get the patch for ppc computers. But it Safari couldn't open the webpage.
    09-03-09 04:29 PM
    Yeah the point of doing this is that you dont have to use/buy tetherberry !

And IDK about a fix for PPC macs :/.
    09-04-09 12:59 AM

Also, has anybody sent the patch for non-intel based computers? I have a g5 iMac. And would love to do this.

Someone posted the patch, or posted saying they made the patch earlier in this thread. Just read through the posts
    09-06-09 02:12 PM

Thetherberry is crap. You are paying for a service that you can get for free.

But i will say that tetherberry does claim to be able to give you free tethering even if your cell provider charges extra for tethering and you are not paying for the tethering service. BUT i have read many people on both sides of the fence that say that the providers change when tether berry is used, and others say it is free.
    09-06-09 02:14 PM
    New Update: Note that with the new Mac Desktop Manager you can now USB tether
    09-06-09 02:27 PM
    "a modem error occurred please verify your settings and try again" i have downloaded the patch and added the modem scripts. I have a BB Curve 8330. Running Mac OS 10.5.8 . Please help!
    09-07-09 02:25 PM
    "a modem error occurred please verify your settings and try again" i have downloaded the patch and added the modem scripts. I have a BB Curve 8330. Running Mac OS 10.5.8 . Please help!
    I assume you have the correct modem script selected?

Also did you do a battery pull?

Restart your mac?

Do you have your APN settings filled out on the blackberry?
    Do the same settings match on the mac?
    09-07-09 02:34 PM
    still not working on my sprint tour.

gonna download the DM and see if i can tether that way..
    09-08-09 09:28 AM
    I couldn't get bluetooth teethering to work until I upgraded to snow leopard
    09-08-09 09:31 AM
    I was able to tether my 8320 & mac. However, I can't open any web pages. Please advise.
    09-08-09 10:46 AM
    It works amazingly.

Carrier: Digicel Saint Lucia
    Telephone No.: bizapps.digiceloecs.com
    Account name: wapoecs
    Password: wap03oecs

Even if you have the unlimited data plan, you must still have the carrier enable the feature that allows your BB to be used as a modem over the network. Don't stress, it's covered by the unlimited data package. This should work in all countries in the Eastern Caribbean where Digicel have a presence.

This is sweet.
    09-08-09 05:02 PM
    After several experiments I fixed the ppp server problem with Blackberry bold .247 and Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6:

Missing sync client on blackberry with bluetooth sync: DISABLED
    data service on blackberry: DISABLED
    Switch OFF phone and then ON again.

Tre italia carrier:
    phone number: tre.it
    password: tre

Keep trying 5 or 6 times if you get a ppp error.

It should work even for you.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Valtellina; 09-18-09 at 05:49 PM.
    09-14-09 02:13 PM
    i need a damn step by step on how to get a sprint tour working w snow leopard. i cannnot get it to work for sh*t
    09-15-09 03:39 PM
    nevermind.. FINALLY got it!!!
    09-15-09 03:52 PM
    Works on Three Australia,

Great Job Guys.
    09-18-09 06:06 AM
    seems to work fine with 10.6.1. BT will always work if USB decides to bug out for various reasons.
    09-19-09 01:42 AM

How do i install the Modem Scripts?
    Unzip the files and place the modem scripts in /Library/Modem Scripts. Do not place the Bold script inside the folder with the Blackberry 8100 8700 8800 scripts. They are two different authors and set ups for the scripts. Just unzip the two .zip file and move into said modem scripts folder.
    Outstanding post, fixed the issue with my new Bold. Truly appreciate the help!
    09-28-09 07:11 PM
    When I link my BB Bold to my Mac, after the screen where you type in the code, I do not get prompted to "Access the internet with my phone's data plan." Instead I get:

Bluetooth Setup Assistant can't set up your device as a dial-up modem because the Bluetooth interface isn't available. Open preferences to add it.

what should I do? Thanks.
    09-30-09 06:27 PM
    Open your Network Prefs and Press the + in the bottom left of the network screen. Add the BT network device
    09-30-09 06:30 PM
    Help. Mine was working and now it isn't. I upgraded to Snow Leopard and I can't seem to get any connection.

Thanks!
    10-03-09 08:19 PM
    I'm in the same situation. How did you do it?
    10-06-09 03:29 AM
    Ok People. LISTEN UP. If you have a problem just dont say " it is not working HELP"

We need to know your OS deatils both Mac and BB. What BB you are using. The exact problem you are having. And need to know if you followed and READ the first post of this thread.
    10-06-09 11:28 AM
191 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD