Ok, so either I am a candidate for "Gullible Tool Of The Year" or I have stumbled upon something interesting. Let me set the stage for you:

I am a Mac user
    I use DM for Mac
    I have a Storm 9530 on VZW

you all with me?

Ok, I am still running like a schmuck, because everyone says "you can't upgrade to a leaked OS using Macintosh". I figured this was because of how DM for Mac works. Then, as i grew more impatient/jealous, I did some research on here and it seems everyone says you cant do it because the OS file is an .exe. (.exe is not use-able on MacOSX)

Well I teach science and don't believe in "can't". So I did some sniffing around, and here I sit with a .dmg file on my Desktop for and I have no bloody clue what to do with it.

Anyone wanna help a brotha out??? Please?
    10-17-09 08:03 PM
    Install the dmg I would suppose?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 08:33 PM
    thanks coach....

and that would be done how?

Is there an actual function on DM for Mac to do like "here, install this OS"?
    10-17-09 08:37 PM
    ok first where did you get this file?

2nd, it should install like any mac program would. then run DM and see if it shows up
    10-17-09 08:40 PM
    ok first where did you get this file?

2nd, it should install like any mac program would. then run DM and see if it shows up
    I hesitate to give the exact link, because I am admittedly not %100 on the rules for that. But ill say that i found the link on pocketberry.com under one of their updates.

and the .dmg, when extracted, gives me 2 folders. A "Java" folder, and a "CDMA" folder. Both of which are full of data files. DM does not recognize.

Not wanting to fire up "Paperweight Mode", I wanna do this right. I know I am missing something here.

feel free to send me an IM if you wanna give me a hand....
    Last edited by BCdogs14; 10-17-09 at 08:53 PM.
    10-17-09 08:49 PM
    I will look this up for you....there was a tutorial on youtube that was posted on the blogs...

The thing is it did not work from upgrading from 4.7 to 5.0 just to let you know...

If you could find a .dmg file for 4.7 .151 or .167 you should be able to get it to work.

Additionally if you were on a 5.0 already you could use the file you have to upgrade to .230

I'll search it out and post here in a minute.....
    10-17-09 09:19 PM
    Here is the link to the blog posting on this from crackberry..

Installing a BlackBerry Beta OS with Mac Desktop Manager | CrackBerry.com

Here is the link referenced by crackberry to the berryreview entry

Install OS 5.0 Betas From Your Mac Desktop Manager | BerryReview.com

Like I said it won't work to jump from .148 to .230...you have been warned.
    10-17-09 09:25 PM
    There was an actual set of instructions posted on BerryReview as was posted above, along with links to the .dmg files. The instructions were actually video instructions showing exactly how to install OSes, and all of the recent leaks were made available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 09:38 PM
    all the talk of "don't go straight from .147" has made me go ahead and abort the whole mission.

I'm just gonna sit tight till the official update.

thanks for the help though peeps!! keep it gangster!!
    10-18-09 07:59 AM
    a .dmg file still isn't an executable file. it's a disk image file. if you double click the file, it opens up as if it were an additional hard drive. it will actually mount on the desktop. And the icon will look like an external hard drive. then when you double click that hard drive icon, it will open up a new finder window. Then what will you see in there? That .exe file for windows.
    10-19-09 11:00 AM