I haven't been able to sync my calendar getting an error saying refer to KB19454 well here is what I did. If you don't mind erasing you calendar. Do this

Back up calendar just in case

"if you have facebook delete that one last"
    Options>Advance Options>Service Books>
    Then delete all the ones that say [CICAL] "if you have facebook delete that one last"

Then on DM clear calendar data under Device>Clear Data>Selected Data>
    Select all the Calendar items under that and hit Clear (this will created a backup or calendar also if you want)

Then sync Calendar.

If that worked then what I did is went back to
    Hit the BB button and hit undelete to get facebook back
    Resend email service books.

Then clear calendar data under Device>Clear Data>Selected Data

Then sync Calendar. hit REPLACE. The calendar I use is called facebook I put all my stuff there.

This worked for me I can keep syncing mine bothways with np!!

Did notice that all events show up "SHOW TIME AS BUSY"
    Last edited by sechler; 10-07-09 at 03:31 PM.
    10-07-09 03:57 AM
    Ok not to be a complete ***** but where are you finding "device>clear data>selected data"

I cannot for the life of me find "device" on any of the menus.

I have the 8830 btw.
    10-07-09 02:24 PM
    Ok not to be a complete ***** but where are you finding "device>clear data>selected data"

I have the 8830 btw.
    The "Device" menu OP is referring to is in DM, not on your phone.
    10-07-09 02:37 PM
    Well smack my head.

I'll have to take a look at that tonight.

Thx
    10-07-09 02:39 PM

I have the 8830 btw.
    Sorry about that updated the post.
    10-07-09 03:26 PM
    thank you very much. no problem with the original post.

:-)
    10-07-09 04:10 PM
    Made it little more clear.
    10-07-09 05:02 PM
    Sechler, I sent you an email, but others may be having this problem. I had facebook as my ONLY CICAL, and I didn't want Facebook to be my main calendar. I don't use the Facebook calendar. So,do I still undelete it? Also how do I resend email service books. I didn't see that in my menu under service books. I know that is a dumb question, but have never done that before. Thanks for any help!
    10-07-09 05:20 PM
    I going to say you don't have to undelete. To resend service books for VZW go to BlackBerry Internet Service either phone or computer login and click on help. You will see Service books there. From what I can see is that when you sync it puts it one calendar. The one selected from DM.
    10-07-09 05:38 PM
    Another dumb question, when I go to Blackberry Internet Service, it says give pin and esn/meid. I found my pin, but don't have the original box, so don't know anywhere to find pin. Should I just call VZW and have them resend books?

One more question...once I get service books sent, I go back to DM and run the device-clear data a second time? Then, I can sync calendar. Do you just sync one of your calendars on the DM or will it sync all calendars on DM to ONE calendar on BB?

Ok, that was 2 more questions?
    Thanks
    10-07-09 06:08 PM
    I meant I can't find esn/meid
    10-07-09 06:08 PM
    ok I resent service books. Finally figured that out, but still have those other questions.. Thanks Sechler
    10-07-09 06:13 PM
    Sorry it took so long

So do you still need your esn/meid?

Yeah clear the calendar again then. From what I can see DM allows you to sync more then one but it syncs them into one calendar. The main calendar on your device
    10-07-09 07:04 PM
    Sechler, Think I finally have it all figured out. THANK you so much for figuring all this out. I'm so glad I wasn't the only one with this problem and I so appreciate your being able to figure out what to do!. I am set up and working!
    10-07-09 08:30 PM
    I haven't been able to sync my calendar getting an error saying refer to KB19454 well here is what I did. If you don't mind erasing you calendar. Do this

Then delete all the ones that say [CICAL] "if you have facebook delete that one last"

Select all the Calendar items under that and hit Clear (this will created a backup or calendar also if you want)

Then sync Calendar.

Then sync Calendar. hit REPLACE. The calendar I use is called facebook I put all my stuff there.

Sechler, I got my storm as my first blackberry almost a year ago and have since then have had nothing but problems trying to get the calenders to sync with my ical. I have tried everything I could find on the crackberry forums and this is the first work-around that has worked! you are the best! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    10-08-09 10:18 AM
    Sechler,
    what issues were you having that needed to be corrected?
    I dont want to run a fix on issues im not having.
    thanks
    10-08-09 10:41 AM
    I was unable to sync my calendar with my BB and getting the following error.

The Calendar database cannot not be accessed for synchronization.
    For help resolving this issue, refer to KB19454 in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Knowledge Base.
    10-08-09 04:05 PM
    Yeah man, this worked great for my Tour. Thanks!

*** If you try this way and it still isn't working (mine did not either, at first), uninstall BBDM as well. Including, going into Application Support and delete BBDM's files there too. Doing this will require you to go through the whole initial syncing process between your phone and mac again (after reinstalling BBDM, of course) but it will work after that.***
    10-09-09 10:06 AM
    ok, after reading the op's solution, i thought that was a bit complicated, however, it gave me an idea on how i could sync my bb calendar with ical on my computer.

this is what i did and it worked for me—everything synced properly without an error message.

i went into my ical and created new "calendars". instead of titling them home, work, personal, etc. i titled them according to my blackberry (i.e. yourname@domain.com, facebook, etc.). since i have 3 email addresses and my facebook as my calendars on my bb, i kept it consistent. i basically titled them the same as my bb in ical.

then before i synced, i checked ONLY those calendars in my desktop manager and selected only those calendars to sync.

for me, that was the solution. huh. who would have thought. let's hope it continues to work now.
    10-09-09 07:17 PM

Then sync Calendar.

I recently downloaded BBM 5.0. Now I noticed BB groups is one of the option in my calendar. Could this be causing the problem?
    10-20-09 08:53 PM
    U saved my bb life...for that, i am forever grateful. Solution worked!
    10-23-09 07:33 AM
    I'm pretty unhappy with my Blackberry. It does such strange things, like getting number locks on without knowing it, etc. Then it quadrupled every entry in my address book (1000 of them). Can't edit any adresses without getting the "updated externally" message. Then they all disappeared. And to top it all, now I can't sync ANYTHING, not calendar, not memos, not contacts. I only get the KB19454 message. So I have no addresses in my phone now.
    I looked in the service books, but no CICAL at all. I don't have a data plan. I use my blackberry as a calendar, address book, and a phone. I'm using BBDM (did the upgrade and that's when problems started) with a Mac.
    I'm desperate! I need my address book. Any help, anyone??
    Thank you for listening!
    12-05-09 05:37 PM
    Thanks, it solved my cal issues
    02-20-10 05:52 AM
    Just had to do this today and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the tip.
    03-27-10 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD