Is there a a way to set my device password in my Keychain so that I don't have to always enter it each time I plug in my phone?

Sometimes I plug it in, and I'm working on another screen and don't notice for hours that Link is just sitting there waiting for me to enter my password before it starts syncing. If it could just recognize the device and sync it would be nice. I sort of remember at the beginning when I first got my phone that OSX asked me if I wanted to store my password but I accidentally clicked cancel. I have been trying to figure out how to get that set up for a while without success.

Any tips?
    02-23-14 05:40 PM
    I don't believe there is any function on BB Link that would allow you to save your device's password!
    I had a password when I first got my Z10 and remember it being a bit annoying having to type it in each time.
    I researched it on The BlackBerry forum, the Beta Zone and here and found nothing on this!

But, then it only goes to prove what great security we have with our device.

I guess If you do it enough times, you'll remember to type it in.
    I can't remember, what I did this morning or on which of 4 PC's that I have on my network, that I did it on.

Those little notepad stickies are an essential tool in my world!

Sorry I didn't have better news for you!
    02-23-14 06:09 PM
    For me if I have the device name on both the device and link set as the same and then do a backup, link doesn't ask for my password every time I plug in my Z10. Or try turning on wifi storage access?

Posted via CB10
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    02-23-14 06:20 PM
    @Lostboy5151 Yep the password prevents it from being synced anywhere else. That's a good thing. Although it's an annoyance to keep entering the passwd on the same computer every time. Sometimes I get a phone call, unplug the phone, walk around then then plug it back in and I get asked for the password - I'm like gee didn't I just tell you what it was? =)
    02-23-14 06:29 PM
    @Xilus79 Yeah I get asked for a passwd each time I plug in. Won't start a backup unless I've entered the password. I do have wifi storage access turned on.

BBOS and BlackBerry Device Manager used to remember your device password via OSX Keychain. Once you authorized Device Manager to look in your keychain for a matching device password you were good to go. Was hoping BB10 and BlackBerry Link kept that same feature.
    02-23-14 06:32 PM
    Next time I'm in the Beta Zone, I'll bring it up.
    From what I've seen... This issue has never been addressed!

Of course with all the other little tweaks we'd like to have,
    don't be surprised if they don't get to yours in your lifetime!

But, we can Do It For The Children!! LOL
    02-23-14 06:47 PM