I am trying to upgrade my Tour OS to the new 5.0 version, but when I go to download it from Blackberry.com, the file that they give you to download is a .exe file, which won't work on a Mac. HELP! I have no idea what to do. I am not very good at this stuff. Please please please help!!!
    01-26-10 05:36 PM
    You can't update non-supported updates with a mac. It sucks - I know. Go find a windows computer or bootcamp your own!
    01-26-10 11:31 PM
    I am trying to upgrade my Tour OS to the new 5.0 version, but when I go to download it from Blackberry.com, the file that they give you to download is a .exe file, which won't work on a Mac. HELP! I have no idea what to do. I am not very good at this stuff. Please please please help!!!
    it's best to do this with a Windows computer, it pissed me off as well
    02-07-10 02:30 AM
    FYI, as mentioned by speedv1, it's bootcamp or using a pc; no vmware fusion later than 2.0 will work. There's a thread about VMware and how newer versions of fusion won't work loading even your carrier's official os's.

I'm too lazy to ditch fusion and go to bootcamp, so I just use a friend's pc.
    02-07-10 10:43 AM
    I have installed Parallel Desktop 4.0 on my mac & have no issue in upgrading new OS.

Of course there are some conditions like you can't have both DM for windows & DM for Mac installed. You can only have DM for windows (when you want to upgrade OS)

If you have both DM, better uninstall the Mac version, and install them later after the upgrade

Once you have the parallel desktop just follow the OS upgrade guides which scattered in this forum.

Hope this helps
    03-12-10 03:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD