looking for some help with updating my blackberry 8330 to the lastest version , i dont have a pc only macs ...need help
    08-13-09 03:35 PM
    I guess you could get the PC emulator.
    08-13-09 03:43 PM
    buy a copy of windows xp and run bootcamp
    08-13-09 04:03 PM
    Borrow a pc because the mac won't do it. Unless you set it up like the above posters suggested by installing windows. You can sync with apps like missing sync but updates to the os won't
    08-13-09 05:33 PM
    Vmware Fusion 2 will also let you run Windows XP on your Mac.

Do you have any friends or relatives that you could borrow some time on their PC's?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 05:57 PM
    I would never trust virtualization do do something relatively dangerous over usb (i.e os upgrade)

08-13-09 08:16 PM
    Possibly you could dig into this site a few minutes -- you will find dozens of threads on this very issue.
    08-13-09 09:17 PM
    You don't. Although RIM is to come out with a desktop manager fopr MAC in Sept. Keep the faith.
    08-13-09 09:30 PM
    Here's a link to the Mac users forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/

08-13-09 10:07 PM
    I only have Macs at home as well... I'm trying to decide on waiting until september when the mac software is released, or having out IT doi it at work. He's offered to do it, which is rad- but I've heard that the upgrade could cause you to lose things from your phone.. Any validity to this concern?

08-13-09 10:12 PM
    I only have Macs at home as well... I'm trying to decide on waiting until september when the mac software is released, or having out IT doi it at work. He's offered to do it, which is rad- but I've heard that the upgrade could cause you to lose things from your phone.. Any validity to this concern?

I have seen this happen. While the update does run a back up of the device the restore can go crazy. If this is done at work, make sure they run back up before the update.
    08-13-09 10:16 PM
    You can't update your BB on a Mac. Once the Mac notices the BB isn't a Iphone it will self destruct killing itself, the BB, and possibly you! I wouldn't chance it.

08-14-09 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD