06-24-09 05:36 PM
51 123
tools
    i couldn't get it to work either...anyone have any ideas?
    from the research i've found, you have to have an ipod touch or iphone for this to work. When one of those is synced with itunes, it then syncs address book to gmail.

Again, that's why I just bit the bullet and spent $25 for a year of the spanning sync software. I hope within this next year a free program comes out that works. But, until then, I am enjoying my wireless sync.
    01-09-09 12:03 AM
    Am I missing something? Why not just use pocketmac for all syncing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 12:21 AM
    when I go to the colaboration and type in my gmail e-mail and password it says they are wrong??
    01-09-09 12:34 AM
    Am I missing something? Why not just use pocketmac for all syncing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    cuz wireless sync is so much easier
    01-09-09 04:34 PM
    For those that do not have an ipod and have enabled the gmail sync through the preference mod mentioned earlier in the thread:

To sync with gmail contacts: enable both gmail syncing AND yahoo syncing in Address Book (create an arbitrary address if needed, you won't need to access it). Then open iSync->Preferences->Show status in menu bar and check it. Close iSync. On the menu bar now, there is a sync icon, click it and select sync now. It will bring up the yahoo syncing options and may not say anything about gmail contacts, but just hit merge contacts. You're done. You may need to re-sign in to gmail have the contacts show up.
    Last edited by thoughtshewas18; 01-09-09 at 10:17 PM.
    01-09-09 10:14 PM
    Is gmail account user name the same as gmail address? I cant log in with that???
    01-12-09 10:32 PM
    same here.. can not login.
    01-13-09 12:12 AM
    I've found the sync between iCal and Google Calendar isn't always perfect. Perhaps give it 20 minutes and try again?

And you are correct, in order to sync contacts, I needed an iPod. Plug in your iPod and allow for syncinc between Google Contacts and your Address Book.

Then Google Sync will take your Google Contacts and bring them to your Storm. Quite convenient!
    01-13-09 01:58 PM
    Is gmail account user name the same as gmail address? I cant log in with that???
    I couldn't either but figured it out! Sign into gmail and click Calendar at the top and set it up. Then use Calaboration to sign in!
    01-18-09 02:39 AM
    does anyone know how to get the blackberry storm hooked up to a mac so i can transfer music on to it?? i use itunes for my music and cant figure out to do this. I tried to do it my parents pc and it wont work on there either. But there computer is a piece of crap..lol
    any info on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks - bryan
    01-31-09 08:28 PM
    How do you set it up wirelessly to a laptop ?
    02-14-09 10:53 PM
    opps sorry didnt realize this was for Macs
    02-14-09 10:53 PM
    Thanks sharing, this will help. Good job
    02-15-09 04:18 AM
    does anyone know how to get the blackberry storm hooked up to a mac so i can transfer music on to it?? i use itunes for my music and cant figure out to do this. I tried to do it my parents pc and it wont work on there either. But there computer is a piece of crap..lol
    any info on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks - bryan
    If you download media Sync for macs from RIM's site you will find it works fine for what you want it to do
    02-15-09 10:04 AM
    i tried all the above and mostly none worked properly... so i found this app ... it will export your address book in a .csv format and simply open ur gmail>contacts> import(near tops right corner)>select addressbook.csv located in your documents folder by defaulty using the program supplied in link.. and your done simply go to googles sync on your handset>bb button>sync now. and they should be imported to ur contacts list... and use setting as stated above... check the allow multiple contacts on your handset and ur done.. let me know if this helps at all.
    02-23-09 01:42 PM
    i tried all the above and mostly none worked properly... so i found this app ... it will export your address book in a .csv format and simply open ur gmail>contacts> import(near tops right corner)>select addressbook.csv located in your documents folder by defaulty using the program supplied in link.. and your done simply go to googles sync on your handset>bb button>sync now. and they should be imported to ur contacts list... and use setting as stated above... check the allow multiple contacts on your handset and ur done.. let me know if this helps at all.
    antonioloreDOTnet/ab2csvDOTphp

Just replace the word DOT with periods (i have fewer then 10posts and cant post links =/ )
    02-23-09 01:47 PM
    Thank you so much i appreciate it!
    02-27-09 11:58 AM
    I couldn't get this hack to work
    02-27-09 11:54 PM
    sorry,i know that...
    02-27-09 11:55 PM
    quick question:

do I have to actually run the Google Sync app on my BB every time I want my BB to sync with the Google Calendar?
    03-02-09 01:21 PM
    Does anyone know of a way for me to get my Yahoo! contacts onto my BB, into my GMail, or in to my Mac contacts?
    03-10-09 04:41 PM
    I am running 10.4.11 and do not want to pay to upgrade to Leopard, will this technique work on my mac as it is? I am sick of my mac not working with my storm...seems like it shouldn't be so hard to make this work.
    Thank you
    03-16-09 09:48 AM
    I have 10.5.6 and the address book and it isn't giving me the google options. any suggestions?
    03-31-09 07:24 PM
    I have tried a number of things to get my Storm to sync wirelessly with my Mac, and have finally found a program that works... MissingSync works the best out of all of the programs that I have tried. after a little playing around my Storm syncs automatically every time I turn my computer on. Just note that you have to pay for MissingSync ... it is not free.
    04-06-09 12:48 PM
    my contacts wont seem to sync after i add google and it tests the connection in address book successfully. any help please?
    05-17-09 06:27 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD