06-24-09 06:36 PM
51 123
tools
    First, if you do not have one create a gmail account...

next, you need to download this tool for syncing the calendar

get the tool
    Here

Next, open this download and enter you gmail account username and password

This is all you need to do for syncing the calendar with ical.

Now when you open ical up on the left you will see the regular calendar and the gmail calendar. export your regular calendar to the desktop and import it to the gmail calendar. now all the dates have been copied. just make sure all changes are in the gmail calendar.

Now to do your contacts, Open your address book, go to preferences and click the general. Put the check next to google and then enter your username and password of your gmail account.

Now your pc will sync with you gmail account on every hour.

Now, on your bb storm go to google sync and download to you storm.

before opening the google app, make sure in your contacts options that allow duplicates and enabled or says Yes.

NOW,
    Once downloaded and install, run the program and enter your username and password to sync.

It will sync from your gmail account.

Your done. every change you make will reflects within an hour of changing it no matter what system you are using. from the gmail online, your mac, or your storm.

Hopes this helps a lot of users that used mobile me.
    Last edited by njc5096; 12-24-08 at 05:16 PM.
    12-24-08 04:51 PM
    Thanks, this will help some members out a lot. Moved to Hot-To, Tips & FAQ forum.
    12-24-08 04:54 PM
    Thanks, and I hope so. Took me forever to figure this out with my mac.
    12-24-08 05:16 PM
    I am guessing this is not possible to do using the Entourage 2008 calendar?
    12-24-08 07:56 PM
    I am guessing this is not possible to do using the Entourage 2008 calendar?
    it is with this workaround

Step I. Synch Entourage calendar with iCal.
    In Entourage:
    On the Entourage menu, click Preferences.
    Under General Preferences, click Sync Services.
    Select both the "Synchronize contacts with Address Book and .Mac" check box and the "Synchronize events and tasks with iCal and .Mac" check box.
    Click OK. Select "Merge Entourage items with Synch Service items."
    12-24-08 08:07 PM
    Cool, thank you! Merry Christmas!
    12-24-08 08:11 PM
    Thanks, and I hope so. Took me forever to figure this out with my mac.
    Cool, well I guarantee you the CB community appreciates it.
    12-24-08 08:35 PM
    Cool, thank you! Merry Christmas!
    same to you
    12-24-08 08:40 PM
    I can not get the contacts and address book sync to work. The google option box is not there to check.
    12-25-08 02:34 AM
    I can not get the contacts and address book sync to work. The google option box is not there to check.
    What version are you running? This only works right with 10.5.6
    12-25-08 07:59 AM
    i updated to 10.5.6 and i still don't see the option for google in my address book
    12-25-08 11:45 PM
    Your done. every change you make will reflects within an hour of changing it no matter what system you are using. from the gmail online, your mac, or your storm.
    Hopes this helps a lot of users that used mobile me.
    This was an outstanding tutorial and everything works as advertised but I have a quick question; on the storm some entries are duplicated and I don't want to delete something and have them both gone (holidays and a few events). Is this normal?
    12-27-08 10:56 AM
    i updated to 10.5.6 and i still don't see the option for google in my address book
    I second that.
    12-27-08 12:45 PM
    Apparently, the problem is that this feature is made for the iPhone and the iPod Touch. However, I did find this and now the google option appears.

lifehacker.com/393855/enable-google-contact-sync-without-an-iphoneipod-touch
    12-27-08 05:30 PM
    I couldn't get this hack to work...but I'm a noob in every sense of the word. I was able to get the calendars to sync wirelessly, but had to resort to using GSyinc for Mac to get my Address Book contacts to sync with Google.

Now every contact change I make on Google or on my storm syncs wirelessly, but I have to run this app to complete the loop between Google and AB. Not painful but not perfect!
    12-27-08 08:13 PM
    Apparently, the problem is that this feature is made for the iPhone and the iPod Touch. However, I did find this and now the google option appears.

lifehacker.com/393855/enable-google-contact-sync-without-an-iphoneipod-touch
    sweet, that totally worked for me! thanks for the link
    12-28-08 01:10 AM
    I've opened up Address Book and checked the box next to google, but it still isn't syncing with my google account. I don't have any contacts in my address book. Am I doing something wrong?
    12-30-08 09:05 AM
    I have OS X 10.4.11. How can I get my calendars/contacts to synch?
    12-30-08 02:37 PM
    Wow. thanks alot!!
    12-31-08 06:24 AM
    I have a question on this - I have a .mac account and a gmail account. I read my gmail in my .mac account on the computer. I see my google calendar on my ical on the computer. All is good. But my storm has my .mac account so when I get mail I'm getting 2 of each (.mac and gmail). Is anyone else getting this and if not what's your setup? Did you setup the storm to only receive gmail and if yes how do you get your .mac mail on the storm? TIA.

EDIT: NVM - I stopped forwarding my Gmail to .mac and set up both email accounts on the storm so there's joy in mudville again!
    Last edited by CZeph; 01-06-09 at 09:49 AM.
    01-05-09 08:28 AM
    I have no idea how to connect to my wi-fi at all...i need help lol
    01-07-09 02:55 AM
    I use gmail. I just found a great program that will sync my mac's address book and calendar with gmails contacts and calendar. Its called Spanning Sync. I backed up my Address Book on mac, then my Contacts in gmail. I deleted all contacts off blackberry and gmail. I used the program to sync. Checked it out and everything was good. Then I used google sync for blackberry and synced both calendar and contacts. Worked like a charm.

Tested it by adding a contact on BB. It synced with gmail. Then ran program on my mac and it synced with address book. Deleted it off address book, and did everything oposite way and it deleted it off BB.

This is now a perfect way to sync wirelessly between a computer, gmail and BB. And the benefit to this program is that you can use it on multiple computers and they will all be in sync.
    01-07-09 05:56 PM
    The problem with Spanning Sync is that unlike this solution, it's not free:

How much does Spanning Sync cost?
    You can try Spanning Sync free for 15 days, after which you can sign up for either a $25 one-year subscription or a $65 one-time purchase
    Admittedly, it's more elegant, but $25 a year or $65 to just be done with it is a bit rough for something that can be done for free (and will undoubtedly get better over time).
    01-08-09 12:45 PM
    The problem with Spanning Sync is that unlike this solution, it's not free:

Admittedly, it's more elegant, but $25 a year or $65 to just be done with it is a bit rough for something that can be done for free (and will undoubtedly get better over time).

This is true, however, I was unable to get any other free program to sync wirelessly. I had google sync on bb which synced with gmail. the problem i ran into was getting gmail to sync with mac. I used the demo and it worked great. I purchased the $25 one year with the hopes that by that time some free programs come out that work better.
    01-08-09 05:56 PM
    I couldn't get this hack to work...
    i couldn't get it to work either...anyone have any ideas?
    01-08-09 07:28 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD