I'm new to the Blackberry world and don't know how to do certain things. I don't have a media card. Is there a way I can transfer my music and pictures from my MacBook to my BB? I tried Bluetooth, but for some reason I keep getting a message saying "Device does not have the necessary services." How does this all work? My Mac doesn't even pick up my BB when connected with a USB cord. Also, Is there a way to get the Desktop manager for Mac? It's not on the CD that came with my BB Curve.
    12-28-07 04:23 AM
    First you MUST have a media card to transfer Media files to your BB. If not you will have enough room for 1 song if you are lucky!! Second after you get a media card Just turn on Mass Storage on your BB via Options>Media Card. This will allow you to just drag and drop files onto the media card as if it were a flash drive.
    12-28-07 08:49 AM
    Hello there, I have a BB 8700g and (the second device in a year) which is frozen and despite my begging and pulling the battery out several times I am confronted with the spinning hourglass of death and nothing else. I run a macbookpro and have no access to a pc anywhere... I consulted numerous websites which prompted me to download PocketMac for BB, but this does not have a app loader so i cant fick the effen thing accouring to the all windows instructions which ask me to download updates and whatnot to fix the corruptness.

i emailed tmobile with a similar rant but meanwhile i have no phone and am ******** out. Anyone?
    12-28-07 10:18 PM
    To use bluetooth, on your bb go to media>menu>reieve using bluetooth then go ahead and send the file. I've done that a few times and it works fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Be1ge likes this.
    01-04-08 05:32 PM
    At least with my 8130, I can't use my BB as a mass storage device, but I have to pull the card and use a card reader to move the files I want on the card. It's a known issue with the 8130s though.
    01-07-08 10:54 AM
    THANKS A BUNCH, Himynameismichelle! The steps that you gave totally worked for me! Now I can transfer files from my MacBook Pro to my Blackberry 8130! I was going crazy last night trying to figure out what was wrong. I was also getting the message "Device does not have the necessary services."

I called Blackberry his morning via Verizon and they informed me that file transfer via Bluetooth is not supported at this time, but the agent did hint that there was a way to do it. So, I got curious and started surfing the forums and here we are. NICE! If you guys have any sync questions, I can help. I used Missing Sync and it worked very nicely!

Take care all!
    01-07-08 06:42 PM
    I wonder if this can be done to update the OS? Probably not, but hmmm....I'm wondering....
    02-27-08 02:52 PM
    V... nope. Sorry. Since you never have seen the DT Manager in action, let me explain a little. First off it doesn't just copy the file to the device memory. What it does is it backs up the data, then installs the OS file update, re-installs the backed up data, then restarts the device. This is over simplified, but you get the picture. The DT manager acts as a file loader vs a file copier.
    02-27-08 03:06 PM
    Pete...yeah, I kinda figured that a file transfer wasn't enough, but a girl can dream, can't she?!
    02-27-08 03:07 PM
    I'm dreaming right along with ya! The more I use my MacBook Pro the more I want to throw my PC out the Windows!
    Now I either need a iMac or a Mac Pro. Can't wait for the 500 gig Time Capsule!
    Apple - Time Capsule
    02-27-08 03:14 PM
    My husband has the mac mini and I have the Aluminum PowerBook (after 4 years, I may be replacing this one soon!)...we are definitely a Mac family!

Just be careful of 1st generations....Apple need to get through a few revisions of hardware before most of the kinks are worked out.
    02-27-08 03:27 PM
    Yeah definately need a media card.. I like doing through Bluetooth as well, but so much Bette to have media card.. Also download pocket Mac.. It's not that bad for daily syncing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-08 08:30 AM
    i cant get my mediacard to mount with disk utility it tells me some error..
    02-28-08 12:33 PM
    i cant get my mediacard to mount with disk utility it tells me some error..
    Are you using a card reader or trying to use the 8130 in Mass Storage Mode?
    02-28-08 12:41 PM
    Hi Guys,

I have a Blackberry 8310(Curve) and I cannot link my cell to my MacBook Pro? I don't know what I'm doing wrong so that I can transfer music files to my blackberry? PLEASE HELP!
    05-02-08 08:25 PM
    Hi Guys,

I have a Blackberry 8310(Curve) and I cannot link my cell to my MacBook Pro? I don't know what I'm doing wrong so that I can transfer music files to my blackberry? PLEASE HELP!
    Are you trying to copy directly to BB memory or to an SD card? If its going to BB internal memory, your going to need desktop manager. If its going to a SD card or something like that, make sure you have "MASS STORAGE" mode enabled and it will read the BB like an external drive.
    05-03-08 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD