I am trying to transfer my contacts from my Pearl 8100 to a Mac. I've done it before with a Curve, and it worked perfectly. It stored my contacts in to the Address Book in my Mac just fine. For some reason I can't do this with my Pearl. Can anyone help?
    12-02-09 02:49 PM
    you can transfer them via bluetooth.
    12-02-09 02:56 PM
    Okay, for some reasonI can't connect via Bluetooth. Do you mind sharing how you connect to your Mac and transfer your contacts?
    12-02-09 03:10 PM
    Okay, for some reasonI can't connect via Bluetooth. Do you mind sharing how you connect to your Mac and transfer your contacts?
    first you must pair the two devices. Pairing is simple, turn on bluetooth for both devices and make sure they are discoverable, from your phone search for new devices and should find your mac. After they are paired go to manage connection in phone menu, then go to bluetooth options, there you should see all your bluetooth devices that you have paired. Then highlight your mac and press menu, within that list you should transfer contacts, select that and you're done.
    12-03-09 03:01 AM
    first you must pair the two devices. Pairing is simple, turn on bluetooth for both devices and make sure they are discoverable, from your phone search for new devices and should find your mac. After they are paired go to manage connection in phone menu, then go to bluetooth options, there you should see all your bluetooth devices that you have paired. Then highlight your mac and press menu, within that list you should transfer contacts, select that and you're done.
    Thank you for your reply. Those are the exact steps that I took when I originally transfered my contacts to my old mac. It worked perfectly. But I don't get the "transfer address book" option in my menu with my new Mac. Could it be that it's because it's a Macbook Pro?
    12-03-09 12:07 PM
    I use the new Macbook Pro 15inch and it works no prob. You won't see the transfer contacts on your mac, you should it in the phone menu. Here are some screen shots.
    12-04-09 02:32 AM
    I use the new Macbook Pro 15inch and it works no prob. You won't see the transfer contacts on your mac, you should it in the phone menu. Here are some screen shots.
    I must be doing something wrong with the pairing, or perhaps it's my Pearl. BTW, those screen shots of your phone are sweet. How did you do that?!
    12-04-09 12:01 PM
    Yeah the pairing is the most important step. I had an issue pairing mine at first but after talking to customer support i was able to do so. As far as the screen shots, I downloaded this app called "Capture It". Heres the link, go to it from your phones browser, m.thetechmogul.com.
    12-04-09 03:00 PM
    Yeah the pairing is the most important step. I had an issue pairing mine at first but after talking to customer support i was able to do so. As far as the screen shots, I downloaded this app called "Capture It". Heres the link, go to it from your phones browser, m.thetechmogul.com.
    My phone is pairing with my Macbook Pro, but I still don't see the option to transfer address book. It works on my other Mac just fine. I guess I'm just going to have to manually input those contacts...ugghh!
    12-04-09 06:27 PM
    Ummm... Maybe I missed something, but if all you want to do is transfer your contacts to your Mac, why not use the BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac? It's available at na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop_mac.jsp

Then you can transfer, using a USB cable right into your address book (or a group within your address book) on your Mac.
    12-08-09 02:23 PM
    Ummm... Maybe I missed something, but if all you want to do is transfer your contacts to your Mac, why not use the BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac? It's available at na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop_mac.jsp

Then you can transfer, using a USB cable right into your address book (or a group within your address book) on your Mac.
    that's what i'm wondering.
    12-09-09 05:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD