yes i did use the search button before posting.

I am new to the mac setup. i can sync no problem...but i want to install themes and apps i have downloaded to my desktop...when i open pocketmac i cannot figure out where to put the JAD or COD files.

please help...
    11-14-08 02:28 PM
    11-14-08 04:29 PM
    That does not seem to work. i have no utilities tab in my interface...using 4.1.25 version of pocketmac.
    11-14-08 11:18 PM
    ok well im using the same version and in the menu bar on your mac there is a utilities menu, click it then hit "install software to device."
    11-14-08 11:53 PM
    yep got it, but now when i move a theme, everything works fine...but i cant find it on my bb...i go to themes, and just the standard stock ones...yes i reboot the BB.
    11-15-08 10:24 AM
    To be completely honest, when i had my pearl( beginning of the year) i would install a theme this way and it would take sometimes 3 times for it to install. Then to uninstall it would take a million more times and sometimes it never worked. PM is crap in my opinion and with my curve i will not use it to install ANYTHING.

Try to download the theme OTA. I download themes OTA only to be safe. Theres some good sites Themes4BB.com| Free BlackBerry Themes|New BlackBerry Bold and Storm Custom Themes and Pimp My Berry! - Pimp Your BlackBerry!

Good luck
    11-15-08 11:55 AM
    is there any other pocketmac like downloads
    01-08-09 04:41 PM
    Yes, i found that pocketmac wouldn't work with my Storm - i uninstalled it and am now using Missing Sync from mark space.
    It's ok - not great - but better than pocketmac and I put iphotos and itunes music on also.
    still having problems with syncing contacts but i'm limping along.
    sure wish blackberry would embrace mac users....
    01-13-09 11:43 AM
    I don't know if anyone still needs help with installing apps using Pocket Mac but in the manual it states

"PocketMac for BlackBerry only installs handheld software in the
    ALX/COD file formats. If the software you want to install isn't available in that format, you may want to contact the software vendor and ask them to send you the ALX and COD file(s) directly. "

You'll need both files in order to do the install but only the ALX format will be able to be selected.

As far as themes go I haven't installed any yet to know how to do it.
    Last edited by Mz.Kurve; 01-22-09 at 11:16 AM.
    01-22-09 11:13 AM
    I don't even have a BB yet but will shortly and I only have access to Macs.

Can Apps be downloaded directly to the BB or do you need to go through your computer first?
    02-13-09 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD