How do you erase files from an SD card (such as the one in my Tour) and actually free up space? When I delete the files, they disappear but the same amount of disk space is still utilized...i am hoping i don't always have to reformat the card/device just to get rid of a few files and free up a little space....

Thanks,
    Tommy
    10-12-09 03:49 PM
    You need to empty the trash on your Mac while the SD card is mounted. When you delete files from the SD card using Finder they are just marked for deletion (and hidden), but still there until you empty the trash while the SD card is mounted. You can also delete files from your Blackberry by going to the media app, hitting the BB button, and choosing explore. You can delte files and folders from there.
    10-12-09 03:52 PM
    that's what i thought too, but it didn't work...i erased all the music out of the file before i synced for first time with desktop software (i used to use missing sync)...when i deleted and emptied trash, the space still was not cleared up...i have this problem often. I usually end up formatting card...i guess i'll do that again...
    10-12-09 03:56 PM
    Try doing it manually, rather than with syncing software. Enable mass storage on the Berry, plug in, and explore the SD card with Finder. Delete, then empty trash.
    10-13-09 12:11 AM
    I used disk utility on my Mac to erase any free space on the removable disk, then when I synced my Storm 2 back with my Mp3 files it wrote the new files over the deleted ones. I hope this works for you.
    01-03-10 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD