When I first got my Storm, connecting it and using it as a USB device was simple. I was able to add a lot of music and there was no problems with doing this. I had my Storm replaced and kept my SD card and now can not connect it to my Mac. I've redownloaded all the proper drivers and even tried the new DM for Mac. All the proper settings are being used but I still can not get it to connect. Any help?
    09-10-09 10:06 AM
    Options > Memory > Enable Mass Storage support. Set it to on. Give that a try.
    09-10-09 10:13 AM
    Tried that already. I've been trying to figure this out for few days now.
    09-10-09 10:20 AM
    I changed the thread title to make it more like a question and answer so it can better assist the next guy.
    09-10-09 10:21 AM
    I also am having this problem. My original storm connected easily. I had to have that replaced by another storm and now no matter what I do I can not get it to see the media card.
    09-10-09 06:00 PM
    i'm having this problem too. if anyone cn help it would be greatly appreciated
    10-06-09 07:52 PM
    It seems a rash of refurbs over the summer were released with this issue (my phone included).

The good news is there is a 'once and done' fix.
    The bad news is it's not Mac friendly, so you'll need a PC to apply the fix, but then your phone should work as it should again.

BB Storage Activation New

1) Download the attachment from the above link to your desktop
    2) Unzip it and run "BB Storage Activation new" in the unzipped folder. It will mention something about a boot rom.
    3) Connect your phone to your computer via USB. DOS window should indicate it found your phone and will initiate the fix
    4) Phone will reboot automatically. Disconnect the phone.
    5) When phone fully boots up again, reconnect. You should now see the two drives in windows explorer (assuming mass storage is enabled on your phone).

About the fix.

The file from pinstack is a RIM command line programmer. The 'fix' essentially enables mass storage mode via DOS command line when the phone is plugged in via USB.

The conventional way of doing this is via the front end of the OS: options / memory / Mass Storage Mode Support -> ON, however for some reason, some phones don't seem to be recognizing mass storage mode despite the proper setting on this screen.

Once you go through the above fix, your phone functions properly (can go in and out of mass storage via the OS) and the file is no longer needed.
    10-06-09 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD