I sold my ipod touch and did the option to delete content so I can get rid of my emails, photos and music. Thinking the software update for email, google maps, weather etc was in the Rom I thought no big deal . I was mortified when I saw the update gone. Anybody know how I can get this back on for the new owner? I feel horrible she still bought the ipod touch but I told her I would work on a fix.
    05-06-08 09:13 PM
    Im not sure, maybe its somewhere on your computer because you had to download the update to install? The apple discussion boards are awesome...You should ask your question there. I have used them tons for questions on my Macbook as well as my ipod touch etc

Apple Discussion Boards
    05-06-08 09:49 PM
    already posted there, treocentral, howard fourms, apple care(2days for reply ) and crackberry. Hoping some one can help asap...
    05-06-08 09:55 PM
    did a quick search and came up with this...hopefully it helps.

Apple - Support - Discussions - Lost January Update on preowned Touch ...
    05-06-08 09:59 PM
    The update license is to the user, and not the specific ipod. Once she tries to sync with her library, it will erase everything on the ipod and update it with her library information. I don't know of anyways to share the updates with different users.
    05-08-08 07:51 AM
    Unfortunately the license on the January Update is iTunes specific. What you may need to do is knock $20 off the price since she will need to buy it herself from her iTunes.
    05-08-08 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD