Hi

Am desperately hoping someone can help me as I've now spent hours trying to get to the bottom of my problem and can't seem to contact RIM about it.

My computer:
    MacBook Pro
    OS X Version 10.5.6

My blackberry:

Situation:

About a month ago I downloaded Pocketmac and the updated driver from the RIM website and successfully synced for the first time.

Pocketmac settings to sync only Contacts and Calendar and only with Entourage2008 (I have Entourage v 12.1.7).

After this first successful sync, every time I tried to sync I got the following message (though the first numbers change every time):

[11:06:42.563] An unexpected error has occurred: Bad device record set. Check that the OID values are unique across records.An unexpected error has occurred: Bad device record set. Check that the OID values are unique across records.

Despite this error message, the Calendar still synced perfectly.

It's the contacts where I have a problem. I have only amended/added contacts on my Blackberry device; done nothing to contacts on Entourage. But none of the amends/additions synced to Entourage contacts.

So I decided to uninstall the program and then again reinstalled Pocketmac and the updated driver from RIM's site. Also deleted all calendar and contact records from Entourage. Again all went swimmingly with the initial sync. And again, after that first sync the contacts won't sync to Entourage while calendar is syncing just fine.

I went to the RIM site and tried to fill in an online report but it said that I had to enter a valid device PIN, even though the PIN I entered is absolutely correct and valid. Also tried Pocketmac's site but couldn't sign up as a new user.

Any ideas anyone? Getting to the point where am about to start tearing out my hair!!!!
    Last edited by uselessattech; 05-14-09 at 08:55 AM. Reason: forget to include some info
    05-14-09 06:39 AM
    When you deleted PM did you do a searchlight your Mac for all PM files?

Just trashing the program does not delete all program files.
    05-14-09 11:25 AM
    I used the uninstall pocketmac tool but didn't do a spotlight search - will try that and see what happens.
    05-14-09 11:46 PM
    Do the spotlight search and remove any PM files found.

Then redownload the software and the updated drivers. Make sure you have the updated drivers in place before trying to run PM.
    05-15-09 01:43 AM
    Thanks! Seems to be working thus far...

PS not only there, their, they're, alot... Also its, it's - and my all time bugbear: gotten (who decided to mutilate the English language with that one?).
    05-15-09 11:00 PM
    OK, so I removed all files and the 1st sync worked perfectly yesterday, but when I tried to sync today I got this error message:

[10:52:12.680] An unexpected error has occurred: Bad device record set. Check that the OID values are unique across records.
    An unexpected error has occurred: Bad device record set. Check that the OID values are unique across records.

Again, the calendar synced perfectly, but nothing on records.

Any ideas?
    05-16-09 04:59 AM
    No I've never seen that error message.

What do you mean by nothing on records?

Again, the calendar synced perfectly, but nothing on records.

Any ideas?
    05-16-09 12:23 PM
    Sorry about being unclear. I meant that the calendar is syncing fine but the contacts are not syncing. Like the 2 other times installed the programme and driver, the first sync worked perfectly and all subsequent syncs have this problem/error.

I have only made changes to contacts on the BBerry, not entourage. Managed to send a message to Pocketmac on Thursday - hopefully they'll come back to me with a solution.
    05-17-09 12:04 AM
    I gave up Pocketsync. Tried for two weeks and finally not working at all. I tried every solution there might be but without any success.
    Then I removed Pocketsync and downloaded a trial of Missing Sync. Worked great so I bought it.

I am still using Missing Sync. Finally syncing without headaches.
    THe proximity tool is great. When my Bold is in the nearby area of my mac, it syncs automatically (of course with bluetooth on).
    05-17-09 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD