Howdy fellow Mac & BB friends. I currently have 10.3.9 and I am looking to upgrade OS. Anyone have a good place to get either Tiger/Leopard? (def prefer Leopard) I'm so against EBay due to previous bad experiences. TY for any info.
    02-07-09 02:46 AM
    Why not wait it out just a little longer for Snow Leopard?

Otherwise, I guess Craigslist would be OK. You could probably get a great deal on Leopard once Snow Leopard is released...

If you are a student/teacher you can get educational pricing, which can be quite attractive.
    02-07-09 12:02 PM
    Any idea on the release date for Snow Leopard?
    02-08-09 02:49 AM
    I"m not sure when Snow Leopard is due but was at Best Buy the other day and they had 10.5 OS on the shelf but I am sorry as I do not recall the price.

I would also check the Apple website for more infomation:

store.apple.com
    02-08-09 06:24 AM
    If the Apple folks follow their usual line, Snow Leopard will appear by the end of second quarter this year. But You will not know if there are issues with BB hardware.
    Try to get OS-X 10.4, its stable, and perhaps there is someone selling his used licence.
    10.5.6 has an issue: You will not see internal memory of the BB Storm.
    02-08-09 07:48 AM
    Anyone selling 10.4 used license? Ty for the info

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 04:03 PM
    02-08-09 08:39 PM
    Don't you need tiger first to upgrade to leopard. I have panther

to leopard

02-09-09 10:30 AM
    Don't you need tiger first to upgrade to leopard. I have panther

to leopard

No. Leo is a full install. Sure you can do an archive/install, but you don't NEED Tiger to install Leopard.
    02-09-09 04:41 PM
    This is a full legit download?
    02-11-09 01:26 AM
    This is a full legit download?
    LOL, there is no such thing as a full legit download...
    the ONLY way you gonna get a FULL LEGIT copy is go to the mac store and buy it... That link gets you a working copy. Find someone with a dvd and install it yourself, skip the registration and your golden.
    02-11-09 03:11 AM
    Will the working copy be all that I need? I'm a little confused
    02-11-09 06:11 AM
    If the Apple folks follow their usual line, Snow Leopard will appear by the end of second quarter this year. But You will not know if there are issues with BB hardware.
    Try to get OS-X 10.4, its stable, and perhaps there is someone selling his used licence.
    10.5.6 has an issue: You will not see internal memory of the BB Storm.
    First off, I'm new here, but visited the site many times. Not new to BB, I've been supporting them at work for years, just a new owner.

For Mac, I used to be a certified tech, but I don't need that for my job any longer so I've let that lapse. I've been a user for about 12 years now.

I just wanted to ask about viewing the memory of the Storm because I'm currently using 10.5.6 and my Storm mounts as soon as I plug it in. I'm able to drag/drop files to any location I need on the Storm. I haven't tried using the PocketMac software yet because, honestly, I haven't seen a need for it.

Am I outside of the norm on this? I know a few other Storm owners but none are Mac users. I was assuming mine was working the way it should for others. Is this not the case?
    02-11-09 10:56 AM
    Oh, and I forgot to add that the others are correct. You aren't going to get an upgraded OS without buying the full version. You can find some deals out there, but you'll have to search.

Amazon has it for around $100 currently. Snow Leopard is slated for a fall release, so you could also just wait it out. Of course you need to keep in mind that, according to some Macworld friends I heard from, it will be Intel only and could be pure Cocoa based - meaning it's a "pure" mac operating system. Don't know if that will have an effect on how it works with BB, but we'll see.
    02-11-09 11:10 AM
    Is there a big difference (like worth spending $100) between Panther and Leopard??
    02-14-09 02:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD