I posted this in another discussion, but wanted to repost where i think is most relevant....

i went to install the os 5 upgrade on the mac manager from blackberry... but it froze on reboot with the bar at 60% of the way through. i disconnected, and tried again but same thing!

it won't even connect to the manager now... is there a way to return to factory settings by hard method??

help! i can't even make a call ;/

i tried to remove the battery... and still no go
    10-28-09 11:54 PM
    it happened to me but not sure if it was the exact same thing, what i did was deleted the device application folders (NOT THE LOCAL) the one with the random name like a35kj46n13j6kjn5 or what ever, then restart DM plug in your phone WAIT for it to connect then update in DM

i dont guarantee this is going to work its up to you...

tell me how it goes if you do try this
    10-30-09 07:20 PM
    same kinda happened to me, it disconnected itself, i tried unbricking, it didnt work. I went to the verizon store, and most of the storms should still be under warrenty, they gave me a new one with 5.0.328 and it has NOTHING wrong with it whatsoever. something about phones with the OS preloaded rather than upgraded has no problems...

It was free too, i know it sucks having to drive, but they gave me a BRAND NEW one... i just hope you saved your contacts or have them synced with your phonebook or google sync!
    10-31-09 09:19 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Same thing happened to me, but I patiently sat there and waited while it was stalled and eventually (after about 15 minutes) it unfroze and continued with the update and completed it. After the update, however, when I tried to sync my music, the whole "music" folder under the "Media" tab disappeared and I don't know how to get it back! Any ideas?

11-01-09 08:53 AM
    Same thing happened to me, but I patiently sat there and waited while it was stalled and eventually (after about 15 minutes) it unfroze and continued with the update and completed it. After the update, however, when I tried to sync my music, the whole "music" folder under the "Media" tab disappeared and I don't know how to get it back! Any ideas?

Patience......yes......it takes a LONG time!
    11-01-09 09:19 AM
    I downloaded the Service Pack for my phone and my husband's and we are now getting two uncaught exceptions: Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException and
    Uncaught exception:Java.lang.Error. My brother in law had a pc and he didn't get either of these errors, so I"m assuming it's a Mac problem. I tried to restore my phone to an earlier date, but I can't get rid of the Service Pack.
    11-01-09 02:06 PM
    I downloaded the Service Pack for my phone and my husband's and we are now getting two uncaught exceptions: Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException and
    Uncaught exception:Java.lang.Error. My brother in law had a pc and he didn't get either of these errors, so I"m assuming it's a Mac problem. I tried to restore my phone to an earlier date, but I can't get rid of the Service Pack.
    To fix this using a Mac select to reload the OS from under the Applications section. Right before you reload you will see a grey arrow at the bottom of the window. Open that up and make sure the boxes are UNchecked.

YOU WILL LOOSE ALL 3RD PARTY APPLICATIONS

Once the OS is reloaded, select restore and all you contacts and calendar events will be back. Now its time to manually reload all 3rd party applications...
    11-01-09 05:55 PM
    any ideas on how to fix this issue?
    11-02-09 02:37 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I waited for about 30 min & then it finished updating. I got several (4-5) exception errors on reboot but everything seems to work fine except voice dial from my BlueAnt ST3. The OS is much faster!
    11-02-09 05:55 PM
    my DM doesn't have a reload option with mac.....
    11-03-09 12:46 PM
    11-03-09 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD