OK, here is the story..
    1. I bought a bb 8830 off ebay, it arrived working and i did an esn swap on the verizon website. It was working GREAT .
    2. I downloaded BDM for mac.
    3. BDM told me that there was new software available for my bb. Of course, i downloaded it.
    4. It was installing it when the installer "encountered an error" and told me to retry later.
    5. I put the bb on charge (it was already 2/3 of the way charged anyway) for about 30 minutes. The whole time the bb was on charge it would not turn on it would just flash a red led at me.
    6. I plugged the blackberry into my mac and BDM said there was no os on the bb and to install one. So, i chose to install one. It downloaded all the items and under the progress bar it said something about applications and it would freeze. I tried this for a few hours with no results better than a little half of the progress bar.
    7. Now the bb is still flashing the led and not turning on but now when i plug it in the led quits and BDM dosen't detect it and thats about it.

Also, I do NOT have a pc available to me right now, or will have one any time soon.

Please help.
    09-29-10 10:50 PM
    Sorry, but you will not be able to restore your device using OS X. You need to run Windows on your Mac, either in a virtual environment or on a partition. If neither is possible, you will need to borrow a PC.
    09-29-10 10:53 PM
    I tried VMWare but i got BSODs every time.
    09-29-10 10:54 PM
    No idea if this will help but it's worth a try.

BlackBerry - Update your Device Software
    09-30-10 07:37 AM
    I bricked my original BlackBerry in much the same way. I'm in London and was able to take it in to a mobile retailer that had a repair department they unbricked me overnight.
    Not sure this is any help
    11-03-10 08:53 PM
    You need a Windows computer to reload the OS using the BB Desktop Manager. Use Boot Camp or find a friend with a PC!
    11-11-10 04:25 PM