Hey guys im new to the forums as well as the blackberry storm, I am trying to sync my contacts but my macbook pro wont recognize my phone when i plug it in, it charges the phone and i have enabled mass storage, any advice
    03-25-09 03:37 PM
    now got the storm to mount on my desktop but pocketmac still wont recognize the device i dont know what im doing wrong
    03-25-09 03:54 PM
    don't use pocketmac. the sooner you learn this the better. It'll save you a headache. If you must though, I think you have to have the BB mounted before you open pocketmac, or maybe the other way around. One way it won't recognize it, the other it will. Actually, i think you need to have pocketmac open first in order for it to detect your storm. Good luck. I hope PM doesn't screw up your address book.
    03-28-09 04:03 AM
    I too have a MAC and a storm if pocketmac doesn't work what should I run? Oh and I can't bootcamp because I'm running an old school PowerPC model.
    03-28-09 01:59 PM
    If you're on a PPC Mac then I think your best bet is going to be a roundabout method using google apps or something. I don't know of any way to do it without Missing Sync or PocketMac on a PPC. The upside of going the google route though is that it should sync changes automatically (I think, not sure).
    03-28-09 08:25 PM
    I cant sync my contacts either using pocketmac, but the weird thing is that my sync fails but the music I added is making it to the phone. And why when I enable my mass storage device do I have a blackberry 1 and blackberry 2 as well on my desktop?
    04-04-09 12:31 AM
    with mass storage enabled, you get blackberry 1 and 2 because 1 is the phone itself, and 2 is the media card, and i just use google sync to do everything bcause when i finally did get pocket mac to work it only synced 20 of my contacts and took over an hour
    04-07-09 12:30 PM
    If you have Leopard 10.5.6 then it wont work. Since the update it stopped working
    04-07-09 12:34 PM
    I just got a Storm and use a MAC. I had Pocketmac working for my curve but had to reload the driver from the BB site to get it to recognize the Storm. After that, it syncs just fine.
    04-07-09 04:27 PM
    I currently have a storm running .122, a macbook pro (leopard 10.5.6) and run pocketmac to sync. Make sure you are up on all updates with your mac, install pocketmac with driver update as well, under memory enable media card support, encryption mode none, MTP off, and mass storage mode on, and auto enable when connected yes. Then after all is installed and rebooted plug phone in then open pocketmac. If you are still having problems send me a pin and ill walk you thru it =)
    04-16-09 05:05 AM
    I currently have a storm running .122, a macbook pro (leopard 10.5.6) and run pocketmac to sync. Make sure you are up on all updates with your mac, install pocketmac with driver update as well, under memory enable media card support, encryption mode none, MTP off, and mass storage mode on, and auto enable when connected yes. Then after all is installed and rebooted plug phone in then open pocketmac. If you are still having problems send me a pin and ill walk you thru it =)
    Hi there, I use a Curve 8900 running 4.6.1.206 (258BBB49) and a macbook (white) on 10.5.5. Ive installed pocket mac and the driver update and it still wont detect the bb, I've set the connection properties to USB and put the password, and still no show. I've also enabled media card support, no encryption, and put mass storage mode on. Plus i noticed there's no MTP option, so i cant tell if its on or off. Have also rebooted the macbook after installation and removed the battery from the BB. Spent over an hour on this and still Pocket mac wont sync.

Please i'll be very gratefull for any suggestions. thanks
    Last edited by flexyneat; 04-23-09 at 03:18 AM. Reason: typo
    04-23-09 03:15 AM
    If you're on a PPC Mac then I think your best bet is going to be a roundabout method using google apps or something. I don't know of any way to do it without Missing Sync or PocketMac on a PPC. The upside of going the google route though is that it should sync changes automatically (I think, not sure).
    Sorry to hijack, but I am having a similar problem. I had to replace my BB the other day and thinking I had just recently synced my BB to my PM on my computer, I thought all of my contacts and calendar info would be synced back onto my device. Uhhh...guess not.

There were only a handful of contacts and hardly any calendar info onto my device, but yet it's all still on my computer.

I used to have an HTC Touch phone so I have Missing Sync for Windows Mobile on my computer still. Is this something I can use for my BB?

I loved it for my Touch, it was perfect. PM sucks.

P.S. Please don't recommend I use google sync because I don't use google or gmail, I strictly use my domain e-mail and iCal and address books via my Mac. A lot of people have recommended it to me, and I don't use it. Thanks.
    Last edited by onegirlcreative; 04-23-09 at 11:40 AM.
    04-23-09 11:36 AM
    First i just downloaded pocketmac and got the skipping error.

Then I downloaded the updates for pocketmac and restarted. Still skipping...

Then I downloaded all of the updates from the software update program in the OS and restarted again.

I plugged my storm in again and it mounted immediately and i had no problem synching.
    04-27-09 02:35 AM
    Thanks so much. after an hour of frustration i tried your steps and it worked right-away!
    05-19-09 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD